Week 6 - Rams vs 49ers

RamRod

8 hours ago, N4L said:

Shanahan is 11-2 with Garoppolo. Shanahan is 4-20 with Brian Hoyer, CJ Beathard and Nick Mullens

Cool. He's still 12 wins behind McVay.

I'm not going to waste time with the rest of the wall of text. We've already been down this road before.

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I needed time away to cool off. I thought McVay figured it out. I was wrong. He didn't. He needs to come to terms that this OL cannot execute his scheme. He needs to adapt to a passing offense that uses more short throws. Let Goff get into a rhythm. Get Gerald Everett on the field and make him a big part of the plan. This OL will not hold up for the long-developing PA passing game, and teams aren't respecting the run enough right now. They're dropping into coverage. Throw underneath the coverage. Make them stop the short passing game. That'll open up the chunk plays.

I actually thought that McVay tried to use a lot of short/quick throws early on, but they were mainly screen plays. Those don't really work against us since our LBs are quick as hell and Tartt has been amazing making stops in the screen game. But the Rams need to be a run heavy ball club until the OL gets healthier. Ran the ball very well and just went away from it after the deficit in the 2nd half. And Goff being so poor on deep throws this year has really affected the offense. I mean he doesn't throw many deep balls, but when he does he usually misses on them. If he can just get that corrected some what as the season goes on and if the run game is relied on more, I think the Rams can turn it around. Henderson looked really explosive on a few runs and I know he had a big fumble, but he's a guy that needs more touches. 

I think one thing that could help is for McVay to get more unpredictable with his calls from Shotgun. I don't know if we've run from shotgun once this year so rushers know when we are in that formation they don't have to respect the run. It would help out Goff/OL to run some shotgun runs to get the rushers to honor that call. Also think Henderson could run really well out of those looks based on his Memphis days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I actually thought that McVay tried to use a lot of short/quick throws early on, but they were mainly screen plays. Those don't really work against us since our LBs are quick as hell and Tartt has been amazing making stops in the screen game. But the Rams need to be a run heavy ball club until the OL gets healthier. Ran the ball very well and just went away from it after the deficit in the 2nd half. And Goff being so poor on deep throws this year has really affected the offense. I mean he doesn't throw many deep balls, but when he does he usually misses on them. If he can just get that corrected some what as the season goes on and if the run game is relied on more, I think the Rams can turn it around. Henderson looked really explosive on a few runs and I know he had a big fumble, but he's a guy that needs more touches. 

I don't mean bubble screens. They've always been a staple.