Week 6 - Rams vs 49ers

RamRod

15 hours ago, N4L said:

Well, for starters, we are a defensive team right now. Our defense is a top 5 unit. The DL is the best in the NFL, I've been saying it all offseason. We are 8 deep on the DL and we come after you in waves. Its very hard to run against us and our pass rush is on its way to being elite. Its a unit that has played very well but is still gelling. We have 5 first round picks on our DL. 

Our linebackers are explosive and they cover really well. Kwon Alexander has given this defense some juice that it hasn't had in the middle in a long time. He flies around and makes plays. It seems like there are 3 of him on the field at the same time. Fred Warner next to him is in his second year and has very good length and played some hybrid SS in college. Hes not spectacular, but hes very solid and doesn't have any holes in his game. 

Jacquiski Tartt our SS has been unbelievable this year. He is super instinctual and never seems to take a bad step. sure tackler. can run well. is amazing in the box. his problem is always staying healthy. He was out last year for most of the year. 

Sherman is certainly moving better than last year, but still not great. The underneath yardage is there against him. He knows he cant run with guys so he turns his hips really early. If you start to run like its a go route, and then break it off into a curl/out, that's an easy 20 yard completion all day long. I honestly don't know why more teams don't do it. Cleveland tried to a few times and it worked (when baker wasn't running for his life or having passes batted down). So that's certainly something Im worried about if Brandon Cooks/Kupp can get a clean release on a key 3rd down. Im not sure if Sherman eventually will try and bait that throw, hes had a nose for the football this year. 

We have an undrafted 2nd year player on the other side, Emanuel Mosely. He looked pretty good on MNF but they never really went after him. Not sure why they only threw two passes his way. One was a PD, and the other was very good coverage on Odell that never had a shot. I went back on the all 22 and I didn't see one time he was out of position or got beat badly, so idk. It was one game. 

TL;DR: Beast DL, explosive LBs, Smart Secondary = top 5 defense

The schedule has been easy, no doubt. Lets not pretend that 2/4 games (cincy, Cleveland) weren't almost 30 point victories though. We beat tampa pretty handily without our offense playing well at all. We should have beaten pittsburg by 20 points if we wouldn't have had 5 turnovers (3 in the redzone). 

Kittle is the highest rated player in the NFL this year, according to PFF. Not just the highest rated TE. The highest rated player, period. The guy hasn't been a great fantasy football player this year because he isn't putting up bulk receiving stats, but in real life? The guy is about as close to Gronk as we may ever see again. The guy is an absolute MONSTER in the run game. Also, hes amazing after the catch. I don't know if the first guy has gotten him down one time this season. Also, kittle has had 3 touchdowns called back due to penalties. We also have the best FB in football, but hes hurt this week. 

I will give you the fact that our WRs are uninspiring. Goodwin is a jag. Dante Pettis is kind soft but a great route runner with good length. Deebo Samuel is a rookie and has played like a rookie. He plays hard though and is basically a RB with the ball in his hands. That's basically all we have rn. We have two other guys we really like but they are on IR. Our backup TEs aren't worth mentioning but they are going to play a lot this week.

With Talib out, and both our tackles out, along with our FB, we will need the WRs to step up big time in this game. 

Here is the thing about our offense though, we have a 4 headed monster at RB. Breida is absurdly fast/quick and very powerful for someone so short. Coleman has been better this year than I remember him in ATL. Our run blocking has been elite this year. Granted, that was before 2 of our best 3 run blockers got injured on MNF (RT and 10th overall pick in 2018 Mike McGlinchey, and the best fullback in the game Kyle Juszczyk). Our interior OL is very good.

Garoppolo has looked very good at times, and not good at others. He is gaining confidence though, his best football is ahead of him. This is a game that the niners will need him to be sharp to win.

KYLE SHANAHAN >>>>> SEAN MCVAY

The one thing Kyle and McVay have in common is they both choked the Superbowl away. Id rather be McVay though knowing that he didnt do anything on offense in the Superbowl and that he has to learn from that than be Kyle who had a 26pt lead and all he had to do is run the football but didnt and it came back to bite him. Like thats a collapse that nobody will ever forget and it falls directly on his shoulders. But at the same time its a learning experience too for Kyle. Not saying he will be in position to be up that big in the Superbowl again but if he does have a nice lead in the Superbowl one day then he knows he cant make those same mistakes he did with the Falcons. 

20 hours ago, dtwizzy2k8 said:

I think people are way overrating the Niners and how difficult it's going to be to beat them. I still think the 9ers are pretenders; if they beat us then I'll believe they're for real. 4-0 is not a super impressive feat, and their schedule has been easy. Who do they have on offense that's so great? They have literally no stars, except maybe Kittle but even he is just a tight end and hasn't done much this season. 

Have faith in McVay. He's a genius, he'll figure this out and won't let us lose 3 straight in a home divisional game. We got this.

I don't think the Niners are pretenders, but you make a valid point.  They haven't beaten a team that most would consider good yet.

Offensively the Niners don't have a ton of weapons.  They have good running backs and their tight end is arguably the best in football.  The problem is, the Rams defense is really bad, so that will be an interesting matchup.  Defensive, I like what I've seen from the Niners.  Their talent along the defensive line is absurd.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't think the Niners are pretenders, but you make a valid point.  They haven't beaten a team that most would consider good yet.

Offensively the Niners don't have a ton of weapons.  They have good running backs and their tight end is arguably the best in football.  The problem is, the Rams defense is really bad, so that will be an interesting matchup.  Defensive, I like what I've seen from the Niners.  Their talent along the defensive line is absurd.

I think when you line up the Rams, Niners, and Seahawks the team that has the "best win" is the Rams when they beat the Saints. People can no longer say "well it was against Teddy" because the Saints havent lost a game since Teddy took over. The only game the Saints lost was against the Rams and it was as Peter Schrager said, "the Rams beat the snot out of the Saints". I also think nobody will be sitting here today sounding doom and gloom if Zeurlein makes that FG against the Seahawks. Like as great as Wilson has been playing, he played a perfect game and the Rams still was a missed FG away from winning on the road on a short week. Vegas knows the Rams are still the better team and thats why they are the favorites against the Niners despite losing two straight and the Niners being undefeated. Now I dont know how much that number will go down now that the news that Gurley is out. It wouldnt surprise me if Vegas still has the Rams favored to win Sunday even without Gurley. We know the Rams can still win without Gurley because did you see that they went to the Superbowl with Gurley missing the last few weeks of the season and not being himself throughout the playoff run? So I believe in Brown and Im anxious to see what Henderson will do. 

Make no mistake about it though, Im not underestimating the Niners. Their defense looks legit and the only question I had coming into the season was Jimmy G trying to get over his injury. He has looked up and down and I wonder if the Rams can slow down the Niners rushing attack how will Jimmy G look? In the same way I look at Dak when Zeke isnt rushing for alot of yards. Its easy to look good when you are rushing for 200yds a game. I think the Rams will come out and slow the running game down which they are capable of doing. They slowed down Kamara when they played the Saints and its no coincidence they won 27-9. So if the Rams can slow down the Niners running game and put the ball in Jimmy G hands and tell him to beat them then I want to see if Jimmy G can do it. One thing we know is he is turnover prone. Hopefully the Rams can start to create turnovers because it will help them win the game. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I think when you line up the Rams, Niners, and Seahawks the team that has the "best win" is the Rams when they beat the Saints. People can no longer say "well it was against Teddy" because the Saints havent lost a game since Teddy took over.

coming into a game as a backcup is waaay different than getting a gameplan by sean payton crafted specifically for your abilities and then getting a full week of first team reps. Rams got the benefit of a phantom incomplete pass. If that goes differently, its a completely different game. 

The rest of your post is fair

3 hours ago, showtime said:

To be fair we’ve been without Rapp for these last 2 weeks and to no surprise the back end of the D has been a mess.. I really wish we drop 40 on their heads. I really wish for that to happen. 

2 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

To be fair we’ve been without Rapp for these last 2 weeks and to no surprise the back end of the D has been a mess.. I really wish we drop 40 on their heads. I really wish for that to happen. 

If you want me to be honest, if you guys don't win this in a decided manner, I think you should be a little concerned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

If you want me to be honest, if you guys don't win this in a decided manner, I think you should be a little concerned. 

If we don't win this decidingly without Gurley, Talib, and possibly Cooks? You must not think highly of the Niners. 

12 minutes ago, JonStark said:

If we don't win this decidingly without Gurley, Talib, and possibly Cooks? You must not think highly of the Niners. 

Or I think that the niners are far more damaged (and I was including the loss of Matthews) with regards to the importance lost.  Gurley being out didn't even move the needle for me.

2 hours ago, N4L said:

coming into a game as a backcup is waaay different than getting a gameplan by sean payton crafted specifically for your abilities and then getting a full week of first team reps. Rams got the benefit of a phantom incomplete pass. If that goes differently, its a completely different game. 

The rest of your post is fair

You are right about coming into the game as a backup is way different than having a week to prepare as the starter. I’m more so looking at the fact that the Saints aren’t bad with Teddy plus it’s not like Teddy isn’t a vet. It’s not like Payton doesn’t know what he is doing as a coach. 

This is no slander against the 49ers but I don't think we lose this game at all. I'm feeling very confident. As Rammy would say, they don't want none of this smoke.

We just got beat by the bucs and then lost a close game that could have been ours...on the road on a short week. That banged up our team bad, best believe our boys are coming out hungry as hell. 

This is Goffs time. Picture Goku on namek, beat to hell going super Saiyan. That's Goff, he is doing it.

Goff stats for this game 28/41 385 yards 4 TDs 0 Ints. Book it

Rams 35 Wieners 17

• Like 1