Week 6 - Rams vs 49ers

RamRod

As for the game, like I cant explain it other than just things didnt go right for the Rams. Like its a game of inches and Brown didnt get those inches to score that td late in the 1st half. On the other hand, the refs called Jimmy G QB sneak a td which Im like how could they know for sure he got in? Its like they just went off of assumption and when the challenge happened there was no clear evidence that he didnt get in because literally nobody could see if he got in or not. Then Henderson made a rookie mistake and fumbled the ball on the first play of the 2nd half that gave the Niners a short field to score a td. That was again a rookie mistake. He did make some big plays in the 1st half to spark the Rams even though they came up short on that td. Still Henderson is a rookie and it cost the Rams on that turnover big time. Then that special teams recovery that didnt happen because of a penalty. Oh and lets not forget that Littleton dropped a potential pick 6. Like those things again cost the Rams. Like if I told you the Rams would hold the Niners to 20pts at home, everyone would say Rams win. Im not putting this at all on the defense. The defense played their butts off. I do want to know what happened to that gameplan McVay had for the Seahawks where Everett and Higbee got involved and was gashing the Seahawks? But again it just wasnt the Rams day but better days will be ahead like I said in my previous post, its not easy for a Superbowl team the following season. The Falcons and the Seahawks both got off to slow starts last season but found a way to get things going as the season went on to get into the playoffs as a wildcard team and even won on the road in the playoffs. I think the Rams will show why they are still the reigning NFC champs and they wont lay down this season. Its still a long season and I expect the Rams to fight and put themselves in position to make the playoffs regardless of what the seeding might be. 

4 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

There's no place for optimism now. We could turn it around but there is no evidence that we will do that. In fact we are getting worse and our offensive line potentially took a hit without Noteboom. 

Every unit today got completely outclassed. The penalties on offense were maddening and playcalling was very suspect at the most opportune times. This was a complete team failure when we had a long week to prepare. 

Im optimistic because Ill say it again, if Zeurlein makes that FG last week the Rams are now 4-2 and yes people would be still scratching their head about today's performance but the Rams would still be ok. They arent as bad as they played and they have shown that. They played terrible in Minnesota in 2017. Played bad in 2018 in Chicago. Played bad in the Superbowl in 2018. They also have bounced back from those bad offensive performances. Before today's game the Rams were averaging 29ppg. This is where you either believe in McVay or you dont. Thats just me and as @ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI pointed out, we have the next three games against the Falcons, Bengals, the the Steelers after a BYE. Those are get right games for the offense. The Falcons cant stop anyone, the Bengals cant stop anyone, and if the Rams lose to Rudolph/Hodges then they dont deserve to win another game period. Now not saying the Rams cant lose to the Falcons in Atlanta but the offense wont look bad. They will score at least 30pts against them which should help them be in position to win. So I can see the Rams winning the next 3 games and being 6-3 and the narrative will look alot differently then as opposed to now. 

There is no excuse for not QB sneaking that on 4th down on the 1 yard line. Hell, I would've just done it on 3rd. This is a playoff type game and you need to punch that in. With that TD, it's 14-7 Rams and a completely different game. I really think Belicheck broke Mcvay. 

We need Trent Williams in the worst way. If Goff keep getting pressured at this rate, he's going to be on the fast track to a Sam Bradford level of seeing ghosts. I'd almost give the Skins a blank check. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I know everyone is now saying the sky is falling but its not. Its tough to come off a Superbowl and just repeat what you did again the following season. The Rams will get things going though because they arent a team that all of a sudden forgot how to play football. Plus things just havent gone their way in recent games. But take a look at this:

2017 The Falcons made the Superbowl in 2016 and started 2017 3-3 and ended up up 10-6 making the wildcard round and beating the Rams in LA.

2018 The Eagles made the Superbowl in 2017 and started 2018 3-3 and ended up 9-7 making the wildcard round and beating the Bears in Chicago.

Now as we stand the Rams in 2019 made the Superbowl in 2018 and is 3-3. The same situation. I still think the Rams will find a way to get into the playoffs and if history is continues, the Rams will win on the road the playoffs. 

As always, you are trying to compare situation that are no comparable. 

This season is over and we are not making the WC. In fact we didn't deserve to make a WC the way we play in offense and defense. 

We made a big mistake in the offseason not resigning SAffold or Sullivan. The OL is lacking of experience and is not talented enough. The depht was weak and it was predictable if injury happened it will be a disaster and that's what happened. 

We didn't adress our need in OL and LB in the draft. We are playing with Reeder at LB and he s very bad. 

Goff is regressing, he's no accurate anymore. He failed to connect long pass a dozen of time since the beginning of the season. Gurley is no more Gurley. 

And Mcvay has lost is genius. 

It's sad but this season is over. 

1 minute ago, Flounch said:

This season is over and we are not making the WC. In fact we didn't deserve to make a WC the way we play in offense and defense. 

We made a big mistake in the offseason not resigning SAffold or Sullivan. The OL is lacking of experience and is not talented enough. The depht was weak and it was predictable if injury happened it will be a disaster and that's what happened. 

We didn't adress our need in OL and LB in the draft. We are playing with Reeder at LB and he s very bad. 

Goff is regressing, he's no accurate anymore. He failed to connect long pass a dozen of time since the beginning of the season. Gurley is no more Gurley. 

The bolded can't be emphasized enough. 

I still think Goff would be fine with a decent line. His regression is directly proportional to that IMO. Even when he has time, his mental clock is off and he's starting to get happy feet. 

1 minute ago, Flounch said:

Damm I’m not sure it’s over over. But it’s over. And we do look bad with no hope, but I believe we retool in the off season and get it popping. Huge learning experience when all goes not so well.. We all knew we were on borrowed time last year. But the core still remains. Just that Gurley and his contract at this point have become a huge black hole. The run game looked much more explosive. 

18 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

As for the game, like I cant explain it other than just things didnt go right for the Rams. Like its a game of inches and Brown didnt get those inches to score that td late in the 1st half. On the other hand, the refs called Jimmy G QB sneak a td which Im like how could they know for sure he got in? Its like they just went off of assumption and when the challenge happened there was no clear evidence that he didnt get in because literally nobody could see if he got in or not. Then Henderson made a rookie mistake and fumbled the ball on the first play of the 2nd half that gave the Niners a short field to score a td. That was again a rookie mistake. He did make some big plays in the 1st half to spark the Rams even though they came up short on that td. Still Henderson is a rookie and it cost the Rams on that turnover big time. Then that special teams recovery that didnt happen because of a penalty. Oh and lets not forget that Littleton dropped a potential pick 6. Like those things again cost the Rams. Like if I told you the Rams would hold the Niners to 20pts at home, everyone would say Rams win. Im not putting this at all on the defense. The defense played their butts off. I do want to know what happened to that gameplan McVay had for the Seahawks where Everett and Higbee got involved and was gashing the Seahawks? But again it just wasnt the Rams day but better days will be ahead like I said in my previous post, its not easy for a Superbowl team the following season. The Falcons and the Seahawks both got off to slow starts last season but found a way to get things going as the season went on to get into the playoffs as a wildcard team and even won on the road in the playoffs. I think the Rams will show why they are still the reigning NFC champs and they wont lay down this season. Its still a long season and I expect the Rams to fight and put themselves in position to make the playoffs regardless of what the seeding might be. 

I understand you’re always optimistic about everything. There’s a fine line though.  

you’re being delusional at this point 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

The bolded can't be emphasized enough. 

I still think Goff would be fine with a decent line. His regression is directly proportional to that IMO. Even when he has time, his mental clock is off and he's starting to get happy feet. 

One of the tell tale signs for a good or great QB is pocket presence. 

Goff lacks it because he consistently throws low and it hits the field before his receivers hands. Even when he has a clean pocket. (Happy feet) 

Of course a good O line will help him. But a good O line can help any QB. 

A franchise QB who gets paid like that needs to elevate his team. Goff folds almost every time when things go bad. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Im optimistic because Ill say it again, if Zeurlein makes that FG last week the Rams are now 4-2 and yes people would be still scratching their head about today's performance but the Rams would still be ok. They arent as bad as they played and they have shown that. They played terrible in Minnesota in 2017. Played bad in 2018 in Chicago. Played bad in the Superbowl in 2018. They also have bounced back from those bad offensive performances. Before today's game the Rams were averaging 29ppg. This is where you either believe in McVay or you dont. Thats just me and as @ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI pointed out, we have the next three games against the Falcons, Bengals, the the Steelers after a BYE. Those are get right games for the offense. The Falcons cant stop anyone, the Bengals cant stop anyone, and if the Rams lose to Rudolph/Hodges then they dont deserve to win another game period. Now not saying the Rams cant lose to the Falcons in Atlanta but the offense wont look bad. They will score at least 30pts against them which should help them be in position to win. So I can see the Rams winning the next 3 games and being 6-3 and the narrative will look alot differently then as opposed to now. 

Minnesota and Chicago were good teams. We got worked at home vs the Bucs and then lost 2 straight. This team is deeply flawed and I'm not convinced the season can be salvaged compared to what our expectations are. 

McVay didn’t get “exposed.” He’s a good coach who lacks experience. 

Most coaches faced adversity before success and he happened to be successful from the beginning, which almost always leads to an inflated ego. 

He has to humble up his game and stop always trying to be an innovator when sometimes the easiest answer is something that’s been done before