GDT: Titans at Broncos

titans0021

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i didn't see the mariota fake end around live and i categorically refuse to watch video of it. i am not putting that in front of my eyeballs

It’s worth a watch. I just noticed we had Nate Davis pulling left on it while Marcus ran right. So we thought we could sell the play fake while actively removing blockers from that side.

In defense of the end around to Mariota they could be putting that play on film to sell it later with a give to Mariota followed by a downfield pass.

I hated the call, don't get me wrong, but that's the only rationale behind having him on the end around.

Still awful. I'm just done with the run early heavy set offense. That's why I've been saying I dislike Smith from week 1 because it's the same formations and plays as last year with a new play caller.

We wanted continuity for poor Mariota having so many OCs and we got it lol. But continuity for a terrible offense isn't a good thing. Something needed to change and it didn't.

Edited by TitanSS

12 hours ago, TitanSS said:

In defense of the end around to Mariota they could be putting that play on film to sell it later with a give to Mariota followed by a downfield pass.

My counter to this, and why I find it so bad, is that we already ran this earlier in the game:

This one is at least designed to open up the option for Mariota to pass. It’s behind Henry to give Marcus space, Dion is going to the flat, the line is blocking in the same direction Marcus is running. There’s a viable passing option here and I’d guess we will throw out of this play at some point.

The one in the red zone though? That entire play design is built as a run left. If I’m counting correctly, there is not a single player on offense on the right side of the field or even attempting to sell the idea that MM will touch the ball. I have no understanding of why he is on the field, at least make the fake to Jennings or something.

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

My counter to this, and why I find it so bad, is that we already ran this earlier in the game:

This one is at least designed to open up the option for Mariota to pass. It’s behind Henry to give Marcus space, Dion is going to the flat, the line is blocking in the same direction Marcus is running. There’s a viable passing option here and I’d guess we will throw out of this play at some point.

The one in the red zone though? That entire play design is built as a run left. If I’m counting correctly, there is not a single player on offense on the right side of the field or even attempting to sell the idea that MM will touch the ball. I have no understanding of why he is on the field, at least make the fake to Jennings or something.

Yeah, I absolutely don't like it. I just have to assume that's the plan with it or I'll cry lol.

I think there was another one with Mariota in jet motion also. Just weird.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Pamphile is apparently a go for Sunday.

For whatever that's worth I guess.

I think it could be very important.  The teams that have beaten us (Bills, Colts, Jags) all got to Mariota early and often.  The Broncos lost Chubb and Von hasn't looked like himself this year (whether it's scheme or not is up for debate).  So if we can hold off the pass rush, our chances improve considerably.  If we allow the Broncos (who have 5 total sacks ALL YEAR) to get to Mariota, we're in deep trouble.

13 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

But but everyone loves him and he’s paid his dues.

It’s not like there was this sure-thing option for us to go get this offseason, but the general approvals that the hire got baffled me.

Whether Mariota stays or leaves, Smith has to go.