GDT: Titans at Broncos

titans0021

11 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

It’s not like there was this sure-thing option for us to go get this offseason, but the general approvals that the hire got baffled me.

Whether Mariota stays or leaves, Smith has to go.

maybe i'm misremembering, but i feel like most of the hype was from MCM and titans reddit which swing toward the optimistic, lol. people were definitely not jazzed about it here- and for good reason, as it turns out.

12 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

It’s not like there was this sure-thing option for us to go get this offseason, but the general approvals that the hire got baffled me.

Whether Mariota stays or leaves, Smith has to go.

I mean the team really didn’t go out and target anyone either... Pretty much locked on Smith and that was it.

13 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

maybe i'm misremembering, but i feel like most of the hype was from MCM and titans reddit which swing toward the optimistic, lol. people were definitely not jazzed about it here- and for good reason, as it turns out.

Yeah, general FF reaction definitely leaned negative. I’ll admit, I got fooled Week 1 when it looked like we actually game planned for an opponent when instead our base offense just stumbled into the perfect Week 1 opponent.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I mean the team really didn’t go out and target anyone either... Pretty much locked on Smith and that was it.

Yup. This was my complaint when it happened. We made no effort in the search and just immediately settled for the first familiar face that wandered into Vrabel’s office. 

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, general FF reaction definitely leaned negative. I’ll admit, I got fooled Week 1 when it looked like we actually game planned for an opponent when instead our base offense just stumbled into the perfect Week 1 opponent.

Yeah it was Titans Twitter and some of them who thought Smith was a great hire. I think some of it was more just humor they turned serious. "King Arthur."

I think most of the forum was lukewarm to negative. Didn't like the inexperience hire. 

The only positives came from him being familiar with the team and the love he got from players and surrounding people. 

I'm not mad at the hire really. Everyone wants to blame having so many different OCs as a problem for Mariota so they basically looked for someone to keep the playbook from last year and modify it. 

I don't like the hire at all because I was done with Mariota last year, but if he's in a lame duck year and you want him to succeed it makes sense not to having him starting an entirely new playbook.

NewWholeCurassow-size_restricted.gif

Sweet baby Jesus, Oprah and Tom Cruise,

I don't know if you are listening but we could really use you down here! 

We need the offense to score higher than an 2nd year student in a Denver medicinal corner store. 

Times are getting hard. We are losing hope by the week. 

Save us! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

NewWholeCurassow-size_restricted.gif

Sweet baby Jesus, Oprah and Tom Cruise,

I don't know if you are listening but we could really use you down here! 

We need the offense to score higher than an 2nd year student in a Denver medicinal corner store. 

Times are getting hard. We are losing hope by the week. 

Save us! 

Do not lose faith my child

• Like 1