GDT: Titans at Broncos

titans0021

I sense we're going back to Marcus although I think it's the wrong call.

As much as we want to write off the season, that defense is working their tails off and we're only two games out with two more to play against the leader.  The season is a long way from over.

Edited by titanrick

5 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I sense we're going back to Marcus although I think it's the wrong call.

As much as we want to write off the season, that defense is working their tails off and we're only two games out with two more to play against the leader.  The season is a long way from over.

You can easily talk yourself into thinking Marcus is the guy.

1. Tanny not actually being better.
2. The offensive line being terrible
3. If they know more why the offense has sputtered, including bad routes and bad blocking.

17 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

You can easily talk yourself into thinking Marcus is the guy.

1. Tanny not actually being better.
2. The offensive line being terrible
3. If they know more why the offense has sputtered, including bad routes and bad blocking.

Those are all true, but I think Marcus is broken.  He's seeing ghosts, scrambling when he doesn't need to, etc.  He needs to sit for a couple games and get his bearings back.  That's why I would go to Tannehill with no expectation whatsoever that he will do better.  However, I think the coaches stick with Marcus because of the way the offense feels about him as a person.  I think they know that it's not fair to scapegoat him for the offensive failings, but what else can you do?  Bench the entire OLine?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, titanrick said:

Those are all true, but I think Marcus is broken.  He's seeing ghosts, scrambling when he doesn't need to, etc.  He needs to sit for a couple games and get his bearings back.  That's why I would go to Tannehill with no expectation whatsoever that he will do better.  However, I think the coaches stick with Marcus because of the way the offense feels about him as a person.  I think they know that it's not fair to scapegoat him for the offensive failings, but what else can you do?  Bench the entire OLine?

I agree. I'd rather see Tanny out there after yesterday.

It looked like we had no business even having a team with the way it was going.

Tanny is the shock to the system. Just to see if you can get some flow and overcome some of the faults listed above. 

14 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

If Marcus was going to start, he would’ve said so today. Not committing to him moving forward almost forces you to go with Tannehill.

I think they are just going over what it means to go with Tanny. 

I think if you go with Tanny you are going with him for good and ultimately saying you won't even entertain the thought of bringing back Marcus. 

I think they are really asking themselves are they ready to declare Marcus done. They are going to go through the plan if so. 

Do they want to look at Tanny as the vet they bring back while drafting a QB. How much are we willing to give Tanny. What if fails do we go back to Marcus. 

I truly think I they are going through all the scenarios and what they mean for the immediate and long term. 

Vrabel doesn't seem like the type to go back and forth. He is going to either say Marcus is still the guy or that it's Tanny from here on

5 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

If Tannehill starts Vrabel and the whole lot should be gone by end of season.

Why 😑 please tell me what makes mariota a better QB than Tannehill please what has marcus done that has people thinking he’s so much better than Tannehill 🤔 & im all for Tannehill starting we traded a 4th round pick for him let’s see what he gots 

21 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Why 😑 please tell me what makes mariota a better QB than Tannehill please what has marcus done that has people thinking he’s so much better than Tannehill 🤔 & im all for Tannehill starting we traded a 4th round pick for him let’s see what he gots 

He won a playoff game.

Honestly I can't even remember if Tannehill even played in one.

Regardless,  it doesn't really even matter if Mariota was leagues better or not, Tanny is just an older, slower version of him.  There's a good reason Miami gave him up for so little. 

The problem is we have an offensive system that is fundamentally designed to fail.  Honestly if I were Marcus I'd just want to leave.

Tannehill looked noticably better than Mariota last week. That's only one game, and I don't think he's good enough to fix any of the problems we have on offense, but he did look better.

Sadly, we have a lot more issues than just QB so I don't expect a large change in results. But you've gotta start somewhere seeing what you can change. Firing a coach doesn't fix anything this year. The OL is playing badly enough that benching one person doesn't fix anything. Just a mess.

• Like 1

I do find it interesting how Mariota has been mostly bad going on 5 years now and very few people are willing to credit him with any of the blame while Mike Vrabel made 3 mistakes and a parade of people were willing to fire him in week 4 after crowning him for finishing 9-7 last year with Blaine Gabbert playing in 5 games.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I do find it interesting how Mariota has been mostly bad going on 5 years now and very few people are willing to credit him with any of the blame while Mike Vrabel made 3 mistakes and a parade of people were willing to fire him in week 4 after crowning him for finishing 9-7 last year with Blaine Gabbert playing in 5 games.

"Mostly bad"? 

https://youtu.be/8Jo9AFWoF28

His stats certainly went down after he broke his leg, but he was so promising those first 2 years.