TNF - Giants @ Patriots GDT

Dome

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Oh damn...

From Goldfish's 2019 prediction thread:

From the "Who will have the #1 pick?" thread:

From the "Who will be the worst team in the league?" thread:

Also said Dak Prescott would thoroughly outplay Pat Mahomes..... Bears are amazing and would finish with a top 2 record.... Trubisky would have 4,600 yards passing, 35 TDs to 10 INTs. 

I won't mention the Chargers takes cause we can all be homers about our own team.

Alot of "me going out on a limb" and bold predictions. Again, only 5 games in for all teams except 2. So nothing is off the table.

Mitch got hurt.

Dak is playing at a high level.. so thats not off the table.

Still early.

The results of this game should be no surprise. The only good team the Patriots have played this season was the Bills granted they got away with a narrow victory.

The Steelers would normally be considered a good team but they are anything but this year and even their defense played terrible in NE.

Idk how good the Patriots really are because they've got the easiest schedule in the entire league this year. Maybe their good, maybe they're really good. But what I do know is that the Giants arent good. They've got some good players but they're not a good team.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Neither of those calls were P.I. Coming from someone who hd Slayton starting in fantasy 

Are we talking about the same plays? 

Im not saying the Giants win this game if the correct calls are made, but when the deck is already stacked against you as it was last night, the last thing we need is the refs piling on. Ridiculously bad calls. 

Edited by Gmen

Neither of those warranted enough for a P.I. call, he was not directly interfered or obstructed from catching it. Because Charles Robinson and fans said it was P.I. It’s P.I.? I disagree here completely. 

And like I said, I had Slayton going in a crucial week for me and did not argue it at all. 

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

Im not saying the Giants win this game if the correct calls are made, but when the deck is already stacked against you as it was last night, the last thing we need is the refs piling on. Ridiculously bad calls. 

That play right there was 10000% DPI and it's not even debateable. He completely held him and then completely held his arm down disabling his ability to even try to catch it. That is the VERY DEFINITION of Pass Interference.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 3

It was PI but it seems like the refs hate that rule as well and are mostly stubborn and usually go with the call on the field, it rarely gets overturned.

There will definitely be controversy when this happens in the postseason. Get your popcorn ready when it happens against NO.

20 hours ago, Gmen said:

Giants got away with their share too. The game was called pretty evenly. One defense is just light years better than the other which was why the result was what it was. As a Rookie, Jones looked lost for most of the game naturally against a well schemed defense. 

There was nothing about this game that gave the Patriots any more of an advantage than it gave the Giants from anything other than talent and coaching.