Perfect Offense For Just $15.00

Uncle Buck

34 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I think they could. Throw Brad Childress into the mix though...he couldn't deal with Moss.

Agreed.  I'm not sure where that opinion from @vikes635 comes from, because there never was any conflict between the two.

For me, it is:

$2 Randall Cunningham

$3 Dalvin Cook

$5 Randy Moss

$3 Anthony Carter

$2 Joe Senser (people forget just how good he was when he was actually healthy)

Edited by swede700

18 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Ok, I haven't come up with a magic formula.  I just wanted to get your opinion on a fun game that was tweeted by SKOR North.  What do you think?

My team would be made up of:

$4 - Tarkenton
$3 - Cook
$5 - Moss
$2 - Harvin
$1 - Shiancoe

Tarkenton,  Smith, Moss, Anthony Carter, Shiancoe

5- Favre- HOF, top 5-10QB all time. No brainer.

5- Moss- HOF, best deep threat ever. No brainer

1- Jennings- Really good value for a dollar. In MN he kind of got screwed with Ponder. He was a top 10-15 wr in his prime when in GB (so in the Diggs/Theilen tier of wrs right now)

3- Cook- Part of me wanted to go Smith (and then go Sensor for TE) since Smith did have a longer career, but Cook is way more explosive. Hopefully he stays healthy because he is legitimately special

1- Shank- TE last pick. He was good though.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, swede700 said:

Agreed.  I'm not sure where that opinion from @vikes635 comes from, because there never was any conflict between the two.

For me, it is:

$2 Randall Cunningham

$3 Dalvin Cook

$5 Randy Moss

$3 Anthony Carter

$2 Joe Senser (people forget just how good he was when he was actually healthy)

But there was! the whole reason why the Moss return after patriots didn't work is because Farve didn't like moss off the field. I remember the final straw being the two of them at a resturaunt and Moss saying something like he wouldn't feed what they had been eating to his dog. Farve thought that was so rude and demanded we cut him. Literately couldn't get along for more than 3 games 

22 minutes ago, vikes635 said:

But there was! the whole reason why the Moss return after patriots didn't work is because Farve didn't like moss off the field. I remember the final straw being the two of them at a resturaunt and Moss saying something like he wouldn't feed what they had been eating to his dog. Farve thought that was so rude and demanded we cut him. 

oh jeez do you have that wrong...

Moss made that comment in the locker room about the team caterer the Vikings used, and it was Childress who thought it was rude and he went ahead and cut him without consideration from the rest of the Triangle.

sheesh, dude.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

oh jeez do you have that wrong...

Moss made that comment in the locker room about the team caterer the Vikings used, and it was Childress who thought it was rude and he went ahead and cut him without consideration from the rest of the Triangle.

sheesh, dude.

Tinucci also has shared a tidbit that sheds the first light on the possible reaction of quarterback Brett Favre to the release of Moss.

“If Favre would have had a ball, he would have beaned him right
in the head
.  Favre looked at him like, ‘Are you kidding me?'” Tinucci
told the Pioneer Press.

We’ll find out more regarding Favre’s reaction to the decision to cut Moss when the quarterback meets with the media on Wednesday.  And Favre can go a long way toward burying the hatchet with coach Brad Childress by providing a candid assessment of Randy’s antics on and off the field — and by explaining that no team can be successful with a guy like that around.

yes it was a caterer but it was for a local restaurant. Childress as the head coach obviously cut him but it seemed to me it was yet another coach doing what ever it took to try and make Favre happy, my point stays the same in they couldn't get along!

2 hours ago, vikes635 said:

my point stays the same in they couldn't get along!

Based on an insulted restaurant owner’s interpretation of Favre’s facial expression? 

Hell, the article doesn’t give any indication at all about Favre’s feelings towards Moss, or their ability to get along. 

• Like 1

There are a lot of times Favre might have wanted to bean one of his WRs in the head. That is no indication of him not getting along with the WR.  Friends have disagreements all the time. That does not at all mean they can't get along. I have never seen or heard any suggestion that Brett Favre could not get along with Randy Moss. I do remember hearing that Randy Moss went directly to ownership to complain about Brad Childress.  Brad Childress continually had issues dealing with NFL personalities and Randy Moss was just one more case; he cut Randy Moss because he was utterly lost with how to manage NFL personalities. 

Edited by Cearbhall
typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

There are a lot of times Favre might have wanted to bean one of his WRs in the head. That is no indication of him not getting along with the WR.  Friends have disagreements all the time. That does not at all mean they can't get along. I have never seen or heard any suggestion that Brett Favre could not get along with Randy Moss. I do remember hearing that Randy Moss went directly to ownership to complain about Brad Childress.  Brad Childress continually had issues dealing with NFL personalities and Randy Moss was just one more case; he cut Randy Moss because he was utterly lost with how to manage NDL personalities. 

Brett Favre even championed Green Bay to trade for Moss when Oakland was looking to deal him. 

• Like 2