Week 6 Non Vikings Games

SemperFeist

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

That, plus they aren’t properly trained to deal with the current state of the rule book. 

This is true, but the problem is as much the current state of the rule book as it is the training. The NFL rule book puts way too much on the officials. And the guidance they get on top of the rule book about how to apply it makes it even more difficult. Telling an official to err on the side of letting a play go is pretty much telling them to error rather than use their best judgement.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think the worse call was not reviewing TD because all touchdowns are supposed to be reviewed. The booth really shouldn't mess up like that

Unless he didn't have control of the ball until he crossed the line which is what some people are saying. Still should have been reviewed

On 10/14/2019 at 10:44 PM, Nzd07 said:

C'mon man, let's put the tinfoil hats away here. It was simply just a bad call. 

If the NFL was rigging games, the cowboys, giants, and jets would be perennial superbowl contenders.

Not so much "Conspiracy Theory" as "Groundhog Day".

December 3, 2015

1 minute ago, since72 said:

Not so much "Conspiracy Theory" as "Groundhog Day".

December 3, 2015

It’s a QB driven league. I mean it wouldn’t shock me if the NFL did what they could to prop up their star QBs. They’ve changed the rules so much for QBs in terms of protection and what defenses can’t do.

7 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

It’s a QB driven league. I mean it wouldn’t shock me if the NFL did what they could to prop up their star QBs. They’ve changed the rules so much for QBs in terms of protection and what defenses can’t do.

You are correct: the League's reasoning seems to be that casual fans will watch if there is stellar play from some QB's.  Gone are the days when offenses ran first, oft times to at least win field position.  This is similar to what has happened in baseball: the casual fan likes to see lots of scoring, while only the true fans can appreciate low-scoring games.