Week 6 Non Vikings Games

SemperFeist

14 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

They "won" tonight. Let's not act like they didn't get all the help in the world.

Its sickening, but i do think this is what the NFL wants.

C'mon man, let's put the tinfoil hats away here. It was simply just a bad call. 

If the NFL was rigging games, the cowboys, giants, and jets would be perennial superbowl contenders.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nzd07 said:

If the NFL was rigging games, the cowboys, giants, and jets would be perennial superbowl contenders.

I'm not a "NFL wants these guys to win!" type of guy but after games like Detroit/Green Bay, it does make you wonder sometimes.

Inexcusable from the refs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nzd07 said:

It’s gone too far.

Some thing has to happen because it is getting out of control.

9 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

They "won" tonight. Let's not act like they didn't get all the help in the world.

Its sickening, but i do think this is what the NFL wants.

Agreed. I miss the replacement refs. The NFL didn't have them trained to favor the Packers. It is a shame the NFL just extended their deal with the refs. With that, it will be harder for the NFL to make changes to how games are officiated. But serious changes are needed. It is making the NFL look like boxing or more recently the figure skating scoring scandal. It is making the NFL into a joke.

It stinks being in the same division as one of the NFLs preordained teams. Beating them requires not just beating them but also beating the system. It is no small feat but the Lions could have done it yesterday had they done a better job in the red zone.

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

The main issue is that the referees aren't sufficiently experienced, because the veteran referees/officials all quit/retired because they can make more money elsewhere.  Pay them more, you'll be able to retain them.  

That, plus they aren’t properly trained to deal with the current state of the rule book.