Week 6 - Houston Watsons' vs KC Mahomes'

ET80

Against the number 2 offense in the NFL, we held them to 309 yards, which if that was our average, would put us as the 5th best defense in the league. We were also down our 2 best CBs for most of the game. 

all in a game where Will Fuller dropped as many TDs as he caught passes, we lost our RT probably for the season and we had about the worst start you can image to a game. 

with all the craziness we have experienced over the years, we are due for a season full of lucky breaks. 

6 hours ago, jch1911 said:

So trade for Trent or nawh?  Can he play the right side??

What was wrong with what Rodrick Johnson did today?

Supposedly the Howard injury looked worse than what it was. I read a tweet he was walking on crutches with a walking boot on after the game. Fingers crossed that’s true and it wasn’t an ACL.

3 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

What was wrong with what Rodrick Johnson did today?

Supposedly the Howard injury looked worse than what it was. I read a tweet he was walking on crutches with a walking boot on after the game. Fingers crossed that’s true and it wasn’t an ACL.

Nothing at all... but you wanna win a Super Bowl?  We need depth... I think TW can be had for a 4th, plus he actually wants to be in Htown

I like Rod as a 3rd tackle / swing tackle.  I am perfectly happy with RoJo at tackle, but I wanna win this thing.

I’m still shocked the Texans actually won this game. This seemed to be one of those games where they are in control for the majority of it and then something happens in the last 5 minutes where everything melts down and they blow it. 

Also, props to BoB for going for it on 4th. Could have totally seen Ka’imi missing that kick and Mahomes going down field to tie the game. He should have left the ball in Deshaun’s hands on 3rd down anyways, but alas.

• Like 1

I'm hearing Howard has a torn MCL so not as serious as it seemed but Roby has a major hamstring injury which might sideline him for the bulk of the season. We've been pretty lucky with injuries so far, just need guys to step up in the interim. 

Watching the game last night on DVR I was impressed with the play calling. O'Brien is stepping up to the plate with some ballsy calls and adjusting rather well. I'm starting to think he's letting Tim Kelly share more of a responsibility with the offense or at least trusting Deshaun more as he reads the defense. It's a pleasent surprise to finally see this offense flourish. 

P. S. Carlos Hyde running through Mathieu with a stiffy on that big run in the 3rd was so satisfying to watch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaytrajik said:

I'm hearing Howard has a torn MCL so not as serious as it seemed but Roby has a major hamstring injury which might sideline him for the bulk of the season. We've been pretty lucky with injuries so far, just need guys to step up in the interim. 

Watching the game last night on DVR I was impressed with the play calling. O'Brien is stepping up to the plate with some ballsy calls and adjusting rather well. I'm starting to think he's letting Tim Kelly share more of a responsibility with the offense or at least trusting Deshaun more as he reads the defense. It's a pleasent surprise to finally see this offense flourish. 

P. S. Carlos Hyde running through Mathieu with a stiffy on that big run in the 3rd was so satisfying to watch. 

I read that Roby will be back after the bye week. Also the Howard thing is great news considering. Hopefully he is back in 4-6 weeks as well. 

good news is that we have 3 games and a bye week, so the bye week will help us out with these two guys.

maybe this will deflate Robys free agent market a little and let us resign him. he has been really solid for us.