The Jets about to go on a run starting with an upset over Patriots!

thebestever6

4 hours ago, The Hitch said:

Jesus, every time I think - ok, the Pats got another easy game out of the way, lets see what they have next, i see the schedule ando.O

I mean this is going to be the easiest schedule to get into the superbowl ever, right?

first half yes.

2nd half no. Chiefs, Texans, Ravens, Cowboys, Eagles

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

first half yes.

2nd half no. Chiefs, Texans, Ravens, Cowboys, Eagles

Well obviously they have a few difficultish games. Thats unavoidable for any team.  They do have to face the 3 number 1 finishers from last year in the AFC. The Bills schedule is easier.  

But still all together, its a shockingly easy schedule. The 5 games you mention are, together with the Bills game they won,  the 6 absolute hardest they have all year. But on the other hand the 6 easiest (all against no win teams) are up there with the 6 easiest games you could ever imagine. 

And all 5 of those teams you mentioned have already lost home games to fringe playoff teams. Chiefs are the best team here. Pats get them at home. 

Imo Eagles away will be the hardest game and Ravens and texans away will be tough, but thats about it. If Bill wants to go 16-0 I think they can do it. Its not as good as the 2007 team but the road is way easier.  

5 hours ago, The Hitch said:

Well obviously they have a few difficultish games. Thats unavoidable for any team.  They do have to face the 3 number 1 finishers from last year in the AFC. The Bills schedule is easier.  

But still all together, its a shockingly easy schedule. The 5 games you mention are, together with the Bills game they won,  the 6 absolute hardest they have all year. But on the other hand the 6 easiest (all against no win teams) are up there with the 6 easiest games you could ever imagine. 

And all 5 of those teams you mentioned have already lost home games to fringe playoff teams. Chiefs are the best team here. Pats get them at home. 

Imo Eagles away will be the hardest game and Ravens and texans away will be tough, but thats about it. If Bill wants to go 16-0 I think they can do it. Its not as good as the 2007 team but the road is way easier.  

Why are there so many bad teams this year, why! Help me please!

15 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

Why are there so many bad teams this year, why! Help me please!

Mostly the AFC. The NFC is absolutely stacked. Packers, Bears, Vikings, Saints, Eagles, Cowboys, Rams, 49ers, and Seahawks IMO are all better than every AFC team not named the Pats or Chiefs (don’t kill me Raven/Bill fans, just an opinion). Then you have the Bucs, Lions, and Panthers who can hang with any team on any given week. 12 solid teams. Even the Falcons, Cardinals, and Giants look competitive certain weeks leaving only the Redskins as a terrible team (who will still probably dismantle the AFC’s Dolphins). 

The NFC is stacked. Honestly, the NFC has been better than the AFC as a whole for years. The Pats are still better than these NFC teams, hence the Super Bowl, but yes, they do get gifted a pass to the SB almost every year as long as they can beat Kansas City, who IMO they are definitely better than. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Mostly the AFC. The NFC is absolutely stacked. Packers, Bears, Vikings, Saints, Eagles, Cowboys, Rams, 49ers, and Seahawks IMO are all better than every AFC team not named the Pats or Chiefs (don’t kill me Raven/Bill fans, just an opinion). Then you have the Bucs, Lions, and Panthers who can hang with any team on any given week. 12 solid teams. Even the Falcons, Cardinals, and Giants look competitive certain weeks leaving only the Redskins as a terrible team (who will still probably dismantle the AFC’s Dolphins). 

The NFC is stacked. Honestly, the NFC has been better than the AFC as a whole for years. The Pats are still better than these NFC teams, hence the Super Bowl, but yes, they do get gifted a pass to the SB almost every year as long as they can beat Kansas City, who IMO they are definitely better than. 

It's not just that they only have to beat kc or who ever the number two team is any given year. 

They usually have a way easier path to the top seeds in the first place than any other team in the afc. Go through any year this decade (pats have been one or two seed every year) and the teams around them always come from tough divisions and have to fight it out amongst themselves. Usually the afc west. Pretty much every year the second best team in the afc west is better than anything the rest of the afc east have produced since the rex Ryan jets. 

I personally believe that if the pats were in the afc North or West, they would not have had this much success. And that's not to take away from how good a team they are. By far the best ever by any metric regardless how wide a time span you choose, even if they had tougher divisions. Best team in all sports that use a draft and cap system.

But aside from that, they've also been playing nfl on easy mode. 

Edited by The Hitch
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, The Hitch said:

Jesus, every time I think - ok, the Pats got another easy game out of the way, lets see what they have next, i see the schedule ando.O

I mean this is going to be the easiest schedule to get into the superbowl ever, right?

Maybe challenged only by one of their previous ones.

That division has been a cakewalk for two decades now. It's insane.

• Like 1