Trade targets

biggbrd

Trade targets  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you want to trade for?

• OL
    • WR
    • TE
    • Other

53 minutes ago, IheartMyV8 said:

Question about IR.  When they come back, I'm assuming their cap hits revert back to the top 51.  Wynn is $2.6M and Harry is $1.8M.  Can we realistically bring someone in long term with our cap situation?

IR players count against the cap

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

from week 11 we should have N'Keal Harry, Wynn, healthy Edelman, not so rusty Gordon and probably another weapon we traded for. That's way different than what we have to deal with now. 

I'm excited to watch N'Keal Harry. Don't think he will just churn out 100 yard games but if makes 2-3 plays per game that would be huge already.

2 hours ago, scottishpatriot said:

Would Austin Hooper be a good trade target? the Falcons must be in sell-now mode. They are clearly more than a year away from contending again. 

for us yes but apparently they aren't willing to give him up. Same with TB and Howard.

The trade targets are really shrinking. Seems like it will come down to Manny Sanders unless we are willing to massively overpay for another receiver.

42 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

for us yes but apparently they aren't willing to give him up. Same with TB and Howard.

The trade targets are really shrinking. Seems like it will come down to Manny Sanders unless we are willing to massively overpay for another receiver.

You guys should trade for Cameron Brate for tight end help. His base salary ensures that tampa can't ask for much (as they would likely have to restructure or cut him moving forward), but the contract is also easily to manipulate because his base salary is high but he has no bonus money. He has 4 years left on the deal after this season, so you could theoretically restructure 10 million in base salary to SB, have his base be less than 1m, and he'd have a cap hit of only about 3.5M the next two seasons. He's much better than a 3.5 million cap hit, excellent in the red zone. 

Not sure about receives. That's going to get ugly. Everyone and their brother appears to be in on Manny, including the 49ers, who have a great relationship with Denver brass obviously. I find it unlikely that tennessee moves on from Corey Davis. Mo Sanu? Marvin Jones would be an interesting guy to go after, but I'm not sure the Lions are ready to sell off parts. 

1 hour ago, biggbrd said:

Do the cap numbers work? I thought we only had like $2.8mil in room or something...

I read there is like $14 mil after the Bennett trade and once Gordon is released but I found that hard to believe and right now it appears like there isn't even $3.

Edited by DoleINGout

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I read there is like $14 mil after the Bennett trade and once Gordon is released but I found that hard to believe and right now it appears like there isn't even $3.

Yep, seems pretty bogus, don't think we have much:

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/patriots-cap-space-situation-after-michael-bennett-trade

Any restructure candidates? I know we did Shaq Mason's contract to fit Sanu.