Fantasy Basketball Tips/Draft Strategy

MKnight82

My $$$ league decided to go the points route rather than categories this year. That way, if you lose, you only drop 1 game rather than whatever cats you lose. I'm all for that. That said, it's really hard to mock draft for those types of drafts because every mock is standard scoring and rankings. Example, Siakam is in the 30s in standard but, for points leagues, he's ranked around 10th. I'm loving the mocks I've been doing but I don't think they'll be too informative as to what I'll land on draft day. 

Did my points league draft and...I'm not too thrilled. I took value picks due to injury in Paul George and Zion Williamson. I had the 5th pick and got PG13 in the 2nd and Zion in the 5th. My guards are pretty brutal. I got sniped so damn often, it was ridiculous.

PG: Lonzo Ball
SG: Marcus Smart
G: Terrence Ross
SF: Paul George*
PF: Pascal Siakam
F: Zion Williamson*
C: Karl-Anthony Towns
C: Jaren Jackson Jr
UTIL: Robert Covington
UTIL: Larry Nance
BN: DeAndre Hunter
BN: Derrick Rose
BN: Markelle Fultz

We have two IL spots so I'm putting Zion and PG there right away. Have pending waiver claims on Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Carsen Edwards, Jarrett Culver, Danuel House, DJ Augustin, Jordan Clarkson, Luke Kennard, Norman Powell and Kevin Huerter.

Edited by beekay414