Week 1 GDT: Arizona Cardinals @ Detroit Lions

HashtagFTW

For all that has gone wrong for the Lions so far, Arizona has looked just as bad. Both defenses have played well. But our offense is starting to pick up while Carson Palmer hasn't been able to get a clean throw completed. Two things work in our favor in the second half. 1. We get the ball to start right out of halftime. 2. Zebras have called everything against Detroit so far. I expect some whistles against Arizona in the second half to make it look not as lopsided. 

We are handling David Johnson so far which is the one area I think most people expected us to struggle. That goal line stand for the second attempted FG for Arizona really showed the optimism we should have for our defense this season. If we can get a real punter out there and teach our returners to take a knee, we should do well in the second half. 

6 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

A backup OT, a position you don't rotate much, is more important than a starting LB, a position you rotate constantly and is your thinnest on the team? I'm sorry but something else happened with Williams. The reasoning they used is just not holding up. 

Maybe it is rotated more, but given that we run a strong side linebacker roughly 40% of the time, and we have really no other capable back ups at tackle IMO, I would surely argue the opposite. 

Not saying you are wrong, I just feel Robinson is more valuable than Williams given the circumstances.

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

We are handling David Johnson so far which is the one area I think most people expected us to struggle. That goal line stand for the second attempted FG for Arizona really showed the optimism we should have for our defense this season. If we can get a real punter out there and teach our returners to take a knee, we should do well in the second half. 

Well said. Our D has played great thus far.

Archived