Week 6 GDT: Saints (4-1) vs. Jaguars (2-3) - Minshew Mania

Canadian Saint

If "The Good Place" has taught me anything, the Jaguars made the courageous decision to replace future super bowl MVP winner Blake Bortles with Nick Foles. And like us, their starting QB went down in the first week. In came an unheralded rookie and has set the world alight. QB Gardnee Minshew has taken the mantle of starting QB and ran with it. Posting a very good 66.7% completion, 9-1 TD-INT and rocking a stache that would make Ron Jeremy proud, Minshew has given the Jaguars life after Foles went down. With their current rebuild, the Jags have a nice stable of talent. Their RB is Fournette, Ramsey and Bouye man their CB spots, Ngouke (sp?) and Campbell anchor a good D-line and Myles Jack roams the center of the field. Playing at home too should give the Jaguars some confidence.

Coaches corner:

- The key for the Saints is going to be stopping the run. Fournette is more than capable of running wild for a 100+ yards, but if you shut him down, it puts pressure on a rookie QB. Our D-line is capable of this.

We have a fair few players who deserve some praise so I'm gonna list them off:

- Shout out to Davenport. Statement game and I think he's arrived this season. I think we'll see more pressures turn into sacks as he keeps ascending. Him and Jordan are a nightmare off the edges. He's also not liability in the run game.

- Lattimore had his second straight shut down game. He covered Evans for 80% of his snaps and held him to 0 catches. First time in a few years. Hopefully he repeats in against Chark.

- Demario Davis. What a pick up. Complete MLB who can drop into coverage, good against the run and a true leader in the middle of the field.

There are others but I'd never stop.

I think this game is going to be tougher than anticipated. Jaguars at home are no joke, and Minshew can beat us. If Teddy makes the offense run consistently, and the D plays like they've been playing, I think we can leave with a tough fought win.

27-17 Saints.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

- Demario Davis. What a pick up. Complete MLB who can drop into coverage, good against the run and a true leader in the middle of the field.

He's the reason I think we've seen so much improvement in the defense over these last couple of years. We finally have a leader in the middle of our defense that just so happens to be an absolute baller. He's easily one of our best FA signings of the last decade.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JMG5 said:

He's the reason I think we've seen so much improvement in the defense over these last couple of years. We finally have a leader in the middle of our defense that just so happens to be an absolute baller. He's easily one of our best FA signings of the last decade.

Very similar to the Vilma pick up. And look where that got us :D

6 minutes ago, saintsfan said:

Bridgewater has looked terrible today. I don't know why he refuses to throw deep

He has thrown deep, a few times, and missed his target by 5+ yards. He's just off... way off...
Not that you ever pull your starter when you're in a situation like this, but perhaps a few Passing plays from Taysom Hill would be nice. So far he's just been RPO.