Week 6 GDT: Saints (4-1) vs. Jaguars (2-3) - Minshew Mania

Canadian Saint

33 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

If the worst thing we can say during Brees' absence is we won ugly, then I think we're golden.

Defense was clutch today. 2 more games and then we get Brees back. We're doing fine.

We looked ugly at the end of last year even with Brees.  This run game needs to get more consistent.

Our defense is very encouraging though.  They've proven themselves capable of carrying the team.

22 hours ago, Dome said:

This game honestly went almost exactly how I expected. 

Good win. Ugly win, but a good one 

I actually didn't think Kamara was going to play, and was expecting Murray to have a really good game. I'm glad we saw that spark from Murray. He can be a beast, and Payton needs a back like him to compliment Kamara. Here's what I DID NOT expect... Murray to be as good as he is after the catch. He's catching swings and screens and doing really well with them.

The D gelled even more than I thought they would. They're really becoming a cohesive unit, and I saw the secondary actually coming together tighter than they have yet this year. Let's hope that keeps going.  Fortunately Chicago's offense is subject to the pass rush, so we could win another 12-17 point offensive production game.

This is the next HUGE test for our O-line, let alone Teddy, going up against that rested, monster Chicago D line,

23 minutes ago, Dome said:

Going into Chicago without Kamara?

someone tell me when it’s over 

Kamara wasn’t Kamara against the Jags. He didn’t have his explosion or ability to slip tackles. The Saints can win VERY ugly this week. They just need the same special teams and defense to show up and continue to limit offensive mistakes. 

9 hours ago, Dome said:

3-2 bad snap resulting in a safety. That’s all they score

lutz hits one from fiddy-fo with 1 second left 

Ugh...and then everyone does a triple check making sure it's a football score they're reading and not one of the MLB Championship Series lol

12 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

The Saints can win VERY ugly this week. 

Pretty sure 3 - 2 would be the definition of VERY ugly!

316A%2B3HAa4L.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWATcha said:

Ugh...and then everyone does a triple check making sure it's a football score they're reading and not one of the MLB Championship Series lol

Pretty sure 3 - 2 would be the definition of VERY ugly!

316A%2B3HAa4L.jpg

even uglier would be 4-2... now that would be something.