Week 6 GDT: Ravens Offense/ST vs. Bengals

AFlaccoSeagulls

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Ugh.

With the way tackling is taught now (lead with the shoulder, head outside the line of the ball carrier, arms around the hips/thighs and try to drive them backwards), hurdling is only going to get more common

Lamar played a great game, but there is still room for improvement. I am not done with the all 22, but on the 3 and 8 that led to the first field goal, Lamar missed Boyle who was wide open with 15 yards to the nearest defender.

He has to hit those plays if we are going to beat the better teams in the league

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danand said:

Lamar played a great game, but there is still room for improvement. I am not done with the all 22, but on the 3 and 8 that led to the first field goal, Lamar missed Boyle who was wide open with 15 yards to the nearest defender.

He has to hit those plays if we are going to beat the better teams in the league

Keep trucking and let us know! Enjoy these comments.

One thing I wished we did this game was force the ball to Boykin and give him a WR1 day. We kind of did that early, but it seemed like he wasn't even on the field for most of the second half. There is a ton of rotation going on with the WR and TE position, but IDK if that's making it more difficult since he's got a different group on the field every other snap.

Our offensive snap counts are.. interesting:

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-rav-6.php

• Like 1

9 hours ago, M.10.E said:

Keep trucking and let us know! Enjoy these comments.

I follow Michael Crawford @abukari on twitter and he also does these small breakdowns. I can recommend giving him a follow to get a different perspective on what opportunities we missed in the game - or point out the positive things as well.

There are a couple of plays from the Bengals game, where Lamar has a wide receiver open for a deep completion, but he chooses the crossing route for 12-16 yards. I wonder if it is intentional, because we have missed that part of the passing game.

With regard to Wacky's post, I think we are getting an idea of how to use Boykin and I hope he can begin to take these slants more and more to open op space behind him. That is the area where Andrews and Hurst really can do some damage.

Boykin is already a great run blocker, and him, Snead and Roberts offers a lot in that part of the game.

Fergusons snaps are increasing, so it seems they are easing him in. Brandon Carr and McPhee plays too many. I think Pierce plays too much as well, if we want him fresh for later in the season.

11 minutes ago, Danand said:

Fergusons snaps are increasing, so it seems they are easing him in. Brandon Carr and McPhee plays too many. I think Pierce plays too much as well, if we want him fresh for later in the season.

It was nice to see Sieler get an opportunity. He didn't meet our expectations this preseason, but he had some decent moments against the Bengals.

3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

It was nice to see Sieler get an opportunity. He didn't meet our expectations this preseason, but he had some decent moments against the Bengals.

It will be interesting to see if we can turn him into something. He looked decent, was on the team all year, then all of a sudden fell completely off this year, and now he is back in.

Jihard Ward was used much as an outside linebacker in his first game. I wonder if we try to mold him into something different than he was with the Colts and Raiders.

Just now, Danand said:

Jihard Ward was used much as an outside linebacker in his first game. I wonder if we try to mold him into something different than he was with the Colts and Raiders.

Didn't look bad either. Maybe the Bengals OL isn't the best barometer, but there seemed to be some encouraging signs for more than a couple of players. Ferg, Bowser, Judon, McPhee- they all had good rushes.