Have the Raiders turned it around?

patriotsheatyan

I always tell people, for any team, and for any player you are evaluating (if this was about stats) look at opponents. 

We’ve beaten the Joe Flacco led Broncos, the Chase Daniel led Bears in one of those strange international games, and a Jacoby Brisset led Colts (I actually predicted us to win that game claiming Brisset is due for a bad game and is really a Bottom 10 QB). 

Beating the Broncos and Colts is not that impressive. Colts are not as good as they appear to be and Jacoby is not the answer to that team. Beating the Bears was impressive but their QB situation is a mess  and it was a strange international encounter. 

Now, the Packer game on the road will be the true test. If they can win that game, perhaps this is some sort of miracle ten win wildcard team. However, I expect the Packers to beat us down something like 31-16 and never being really close. 

One again, look at the schedule. I see us going 6-10 most likely, with a chance at 7-9. Packers, Texans, Chargers split, Broncos/road, KC/road, Jaguars, Jets w/ Darnold should be losses with the TENN game being 50/50. 

Like I said, it all depends on the Packer game, if we can win then perhaps we are a for real ten win contender. But I expect a blowout loss and a 6-7 win franchise. 

The future is looking bright though. Our Offensive Line looks phenomenal. Josh Jacobs looks phenomenal. The coaching on both sides of the ball has been splendid. PG with more defensive pieces is gonna be fantastic. The draft was certainly a lot better than people give it credit for. Mayock is a legit talent evaluator. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Beating the Broncos and Colts is not that impressive. Colts are not as good as they appear to be and Jacoby is not the answer to that team.

You know your team better than me, but I was impressed by the Colts win who just beat the Chiefs.

I think the Colts are better than the Packers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

You know your team better than me, but I was impressed by the Colts win who just beat the Chiefs.

I think the Colts are better than the Packers.

Hard hard disagree. Colts are a 7 to 9 win team and Packers are a Top 5 team in the NFL in my honest opinion. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hard hard disagree. Colts are a 7 to 9 win team and Packers are a Top 5 team in the NFL in my honest opinion. 

What is Greenbays huge win that's putting them top 5? 

Chicago? Trubisky looks awful that game as well as others.

Vikings? 

Broncos?

Dallas who's had a soft schedule up to playing the Packers and Saints both Ls?

Loss to an undermanned Eagles team at home.

Edited by thebestever6

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

What is Greenbays huge win that's putting them top 5? 

Chicago? Trubisky looks awful that game as well as others.

Vikings? 

Broncos?

Dallas who's had a soft schedule up to playing the Packers and Saints both Ls?

Packers D looks legit Top 10 this year which they haven’t had in ages. Their defensive free agency haul is the best since the 2015 Broncos. 

On the offensive side of the ball you have Aaron Jones breaking out (he was always super super good, just never healthy) and still the best QB in football IMO in Aaron Rodgers, who most of the time, just doesn’t even need to be the best QB in football. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Packers D looks legit Top 10 this year which they haven’t had in ages. Their defensive free agency haul is the best since the 2015 Broncos. 

On the offensive side of the ball you have Aaron Jones breaking out (he was always super super good, just never healthy) and still the best QB in football IMO in Aaron Rodgers, who most of the time, just doesn’t even need to be the best QB in football. 

I agree with this whole post except I'm not sold on Packers run defense or linebackers.  Pass defense no question is awesome top 5-10.

I just feel like Colts have a more complete team and defense. Marlon Mack isn't chopped liver, or that oline. That defense is for real see chiefs game. 

Frank Reich year 2 is a huge deal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I agree with this whole post except I'm not sold on Packers run defense or linebackers.  Pass defense no question is awesome top 5-10.

I just feel like Colts have a more complete team and defense. Marlon Mack isn't chopped liver, or that oline. That defense is for real see chiefs game. 

Frank Reich year 2 is a huge deal.

Defense is for real but Jacoby blows. And I’m not a believer in Marlon Mack or the WR core. FR is carrying that offense, god bless him. 

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, thebestever6 said:

You don't think their oline is top 10? With a top 10 oline and good defense you can go far. 

Their O Line is great, yes. With a great O Line and Coach you can make the QB, RB, and WRs look better than they are. Which just prolongs a big problem. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Their O Line is great, yes. With a great O Line and Coach you can make the QB, RB, and WRs look better than they are. Which just prolongs a big problem. 

I see them as a playoff team Ballard is an excellent gm, the coach is better than Bill O'Brien how far they get to be determined.