Have the Raiders turned it around?

patriotsheatyan

11 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Carr doesn’t seem like the Roethlisberger/Flacco type that would cause a flap about them drafting a QB.  He’s seems a great teammate that would be a vet/mentor for a year or whatever.  

When did Roethlisberger cause a flap about drafting a QB?

35 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I remember reading at least 10+ sources he wasn’t happy at all about it. 

Where there’a that much smoke, there’s fire, just about every time. 

He said he was surprised they drafted Rudolph because it doesnt help them win now.   I agreed with that.

And on top of that, even if he wasnt necessarily happy about it doesnt mean "causing a flap",     I guarantee you, if the Raiders drafted a QB in next years draft, Derek Carr wouldnt be 'happy' about it either.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

He said he was surprised they drafted Rudolph because it doesnt help them win now.   I agreed with that.

And on top of that, even if he wasnt necessarily happy about it doesnt mean "causing a flap",     I guarantee you, if the Raiders drafted a QB in next years draft, Derek Carr wouldnt be 'happy' about it either.

I’m sure he wouldn’t be, just like Ben wasn’t, which is the thing we were talking about. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I’m sure he wouldn’t be, just like Ben wasn’t, which is the thing we were talking about. 

We were talking about the "causing a flap" part.

I never argued Ben was happy.  No established starting veteran QB would be.

But saying "causing a flap" makes it sound like he was causing problems because of it, and that is simply not true.

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I have no problem with Ben's comment or Flacco's.  

Personally, I think Flacco has taken a liking to Lock. Whether that's because he's not it, or he got injured we'll soon find out.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

When did Roethlisberger cause a flap about drafting a QB?

I remember him questioning the team for drafting a QB when the team was in win-now mode.  You don’t often here players questioning the team’s draft philosophy.  But you’re right it was nothing that significant.

• Like 2

Just now, PapaShogun said:

All three wins have been close. They would need to start blowing teams out for me to start believing. We'll see what happens in Green Bay.

Good Teams Win close games, not the opposite. They're just not as bad as the masses wanted them to be. For whatever their reasoning?

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Good Teams Win close games, not the opposite. They're just not as bad as the masses wanted them to be. For whatever their reasoning?

Good teams also squash inferior competition, not play to it's level. Close wins can go either way, so I think squashing your opponent is more indicative of where you are at. Sooner rather than later, a team's luck is going to run out if they keep winning close.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Defense is for real but Jacoby blows. And I’m not a believer in Marlon Mack or the WR core. FR is carrying that offense, god bless him. 

I wouldn't go that far he's doing enough of what the Colts ask of him. He's no world beater but only 3 picks he's not hurting this team. I agree he needs to improve against the blitz and in the vertical passing but again it's only been 5 games small simple size.

Edited by Blackstar12

I don't know I think they will be an average team and have definitely surprised a lot of people for sure.  I honestly expected them to implode after all the BS and they haven't so thats definitely a  step in the right direction.   They have a ton of picks still so I can see them turning the corner soon.  I believe they need another big win at first when you see them beating the colts it didn't look like a big deal until the Colts went and beat the Chiefs.  I think they need another measuring stick and that could definitely be Green Bay

Edited by sryan66611

26 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

This guy.......   xD    

Completely ignore everything but the real topic at hand Mr. Roethlisberger...  You guys BFFs or what?

Listen sunshine, its evident you have nothing intelligent to add to the topic, as usual, so maybe you should troll elsewhere.