2019-2020 NCAAB Discussion Thread 1.0: March Madness Canceled

NYRaider

Not in love with this year's Duke team after seeing the game last night. Carey looks like a stud and should be a top 15 pick, Hurt is super skilled, Tre is Tre, and Cassius Stanley was a great late addition. Shooting still looks to be an issue and I don't know who takes over at the end of games this year.

AP Top 25

1. Michigan State

2. Kentucky

3. Kansas

4. Duke

5. Louisville

6. Florida

7. Maryland

8. Gonzaga

9. UNC

10. Villanova

11. Virginia

12. Seton Hall

13. Texas Tech

14. Memphis

15. Oregon

16. Baylor

17. Utah State

18. Ohio State

19. Xavier

20. Saint Mary's

21. Arizona

22. LSU

23. Purdue

24. Auburn

25. VCU

36 minutes ago, Madridista said:

As far as UVA, we are obviously not the 11th best team in the country as of today, but not surprised to get a championship bump. Curious to see how good we'll be by the end of the year, though

UVA need all of their returners to take the next step this year offensively. But you guys are going to be elite defensively as always and one of the biggest teams in the country.

CBS Sports just released their top 101 best players going into the college basketball season. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ranking-the-top-100-and-1-best-players-in-college-basketball-entering-the-2019-20-season/

Top 10

1. Cassius Winston, G, Michigan State

2. Myles Powell, G, Seton Hall

3. Markus Howard, G, Marquette

4. Cole Anthony, G, North Carolina

5. Kenny Blackshear Jr, F, Florida

6. Jordan Nwora, F, Louisville

7. James Wiseman, C, Memphis

8. Devon Dotson, G, Kansas

9. Tre Jones, G, Duke

10. Jarron Cumberland, G, Cincinnati 

On 10/22/2019 at 11:46 PM, NYRaider said:

UVA need all of their returners to take the next step this year offensively. But you guys are going to be elite defensively as always and one of the biggest teams in the country.

My expectation is more 2016-17 (5 seed) than any other recent years. But I agree with what you said.

I fear Key and Clark won't be good enough from 3 to get us above that level. However, a 5 seed after losing three of our greatest players is certainly ok in my book, as much as I want to push for another final 4

The NCAA makes no sense in who is eligible and who isn't after transfers. Wisconsin is getting screwed with the NCAA making Micah Potter sit out because he transfered at the beginning of the spring semester and not during fall last year yet these dudes that randomly transfer get their waivers granted. They hang on to a technicality in Potter's case but let everyone else go willy nilly with their transfers lol. 

Potter transfered in December = ineligible

Baker transfered in May = eligible

Wut 

Edited by beekay414