2019-2020 NCAAB Discussion Thread 1.0: March Madness Canceled

NYRaider

21 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Dayton, San Diego St. & Baylor all had arguably their best season in school history and, with the way college basketball was this year, all had legit shots to win it all.

Truly sucks for all of them.

This. And I would add Gonzaga in a second tier. With no dominant teams this may have been the year they could really cement their status by winning. I don't they are at risk of falling off the way the ones you mentioned are though. I might put FSU (who according to the Florida Senate are national champions by default because they don't have more important things to be doing right now) in this tier also. They looked like a legitimate title contender for a school that isn't a basketball power.

UH is going to be a legit final four contender next season.  Here me out and dont call me crazy.

Assuming everyone one comes back (Chris Harris the only sr on the team) which I doubt happens since we are 1 over the limit so some one has to transfer (hopefully Cedric Alley), they add Tramon Mark who is a freaking beast, Jamal Shead and Kiyron Powell.   Caleb Mills will be much better his sophmore year.  Quentin Grimes looks like he has turned the corner.  We will be a much better shooting team as well. 

OK, I think the nice thing to do would be to award hosting duties of the 2022 tournament to those cities that were supposed to host games this year. As far as I know, the 2022 sites have not been determined yet.

I also believe the Final Four broadcast rotation will be changed to TBS in odd years and CBS in even years, because TBS was supposed to televise the Final Four this year. There is precedent for this. In 1995, the World Series went from giving HFA to the AL in odd years and NL in even years to NL in odd years and AL in even years because the 1994 World Series had been canceled due to the strike, and the NL was set to have it in 1994, so they got it in 1995 instead. This rotation would end after the 2002 season, first in favor of giving HFA to the league that won the All-Star Game (which more often than not was the AL), and currently, to the participant with the better regular season record.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...