2019-2020 NCAAB Discussion Thread 1.0: March Madness Canceled

NYRaider

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Penny gave the family 12K to help them move

That's...a lot.

2 hours ago, winitall said:

Just a heads up, that tweet has a typo.  He helped them move in 2018, not 2008.

Okay, glad for the clarification. I was like "How does helping someone move 11 years ago matter? James was 6 haha." But after seeing the money amount and typo, it matters a lot.

Sounds like a pretty open and shut case. Gave $11.5k to help move him closer to Memphis, acting as a Memphis booster. That'd be against the rules in it of itself, but the fact that he's now the HC there? Can't happen. Unfortunate for Wiseman and fans of CBB.

My question, why the hell does the NCAA make this ruling right as we start the season, and not during the 11+ months that occurred between when he committed and now? Doesn't seem like Memphis ever made much effort to hide this transaction. What a truly incompetent organization.

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Sounds like a pretty open and shut case. Gave $11.5k to help move him closer to Memphis, acting as a Memphis booster. That'd be against the rules in it of itself, but the fact that he's now the HC there? Can't happen. Unfortunate for Wiseman and fans of CBB.

My question, why the hell does the NCAA make this ruling right as we start the season, and not during the 11+ months that occurred between when he committed and now? Doesn't seem like Memphis ever made much effort to hide this transaction. What a truly incompetent organization.

Wiseman and Penny already were punished for this. Wiseman was suspended in high school for it. The NCAA waited a year to retroactively punish them for something they were already punished for? Okay.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yup. They screwed him over pretty bad. Had they announced the suspension even a month or two ago he could've made $1M+ this year to play professionally overseas. Now he gets to ride the pine for free. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

We got a PG!!

14 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

all three of UA's freshman looked great. all had 19+ pts against Illinois. Nico completely dominated. 

Nico is the truth. He was my favorite prospect from the 2020 recruiting cycle, would've loved to have him at Duke.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Nico is the truth. He was my favorite prospect from the 2020 recruiting cycle, would've loved to have him at Duke.

I wish this was 20 years ago where he’d be a legendary college player for 3-4 years but he’ll bounce and get eaten up for a couple years in the league.