2019-2020 NCAAB Discussion Thread 1.0: March Madness Canceled

NYRaider

53 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The NCAA makes no sense in who is eligible and who isn't after transfers. Wisconsin is getting screwed with the NCAA making Micah Potter sit out because he transfered at the beginning of the spring semester and not during fall last year yet these dudes that randomly transfer get their waivers granted. They hang on to a technicality in Potter's case but let everyone else go willy nilly with their transfers lol. 

Potter transfered in December = ineligible

Baker transfered in May = eligible

Wut 

they are pretty much letting everybody play right away. I think it was like 90% are being ruled eligible. 38 eligible, to only 4 ineligible. There was still like 70 no rulings yet tho.

I don't know Potter's case but it doesn't seem like you need a very good one lol just your former school to support it. 

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The NCAA makes no sense in who is eligible and who isn't after transfers. Wisconsin is getting screwed with the NCAA making Micah Potter sit out because he transfered at the beginning of the spring semester and not during fall last year yet these dudes that randomly transfer get their waivers granted. They hang on to a technicality in Potter's case but let everyone else go willy nilly with their transfers lol. 

Potter transfered in December = ineligible

Baker transfered in May = eligible

Wut 

He's eligible to play on December 21. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm aware. There's still no reason he shouldn't be immediately eligible when dudes that transfered in late spring are being granted eligibility. That's the point. 

The NCAA does what it wants. There's no set standard or methodology within their decision-making process. Which you should know all about considering UNC was running fake classes to keep their athletes eligible for decades and the NCAA turned a blind eye too it. 

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

#3 Kansas v #4 Duke

I wasn't very impressed by Duke in their exhibition games. We have talent but no one has really established themselves above the rest so we'll see a ton of different lineups early in the season. Assuming that our starting 5 tomorrow is Jones - Moore - White - Hurt - Carey. 

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:29 PM, NYRaider said:

I wasn't very impressed by Duke in their exhibition games. We have talent but no one has really established themselves above the rest so we'll see a ton of different lineups early in the season. Assuming that our starting 5 tomorrow is Jones - Moore - White - Hurt - Carey. 

Same goes for MSU.  Not having Langford should really drop them in the rankings.  Once again our season will go as Cassius takes us.  Will need some major development, especially down low if MSU thinks it has a chance.  Going to be tough with a 6'8" center and a bunch of undersized 4s.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:56 AM, 11sanchez11 said:

champions classic tomorrow!

#1 MSU v #2 Kentucky

#3 Kansas v #4 Duke

1st time we got thee top 4 AP teams in this classic? Love this series, such a great way to start season.

MSU has serious size issues, but not sure UK is going to make them truly pay for it, which is rare for a UK team. 

Haven't watched any scrimmages or exhibition games from this Duke team, so I have no idea what to expect tonight. From what I heard, sounds like perimeter shooting might be a problem again this year.

Also, it's weird to me that ACC conference play is kicking off today and tomorrow for some teams. Definitely going to take me some time to get use to November conference play.

3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Not great basketball. Tre Jones sucks. Alex O'C is gonna be Duke's best player.

Relax. Good team win for us today. Stanley is a legit NBA prospect and I could see him sneaking into the end of the lottery by the end of the pre-draft cycle.