2019-2020 NCAAB Discussion Thread 1.0: March Madness Canceled

NYRaider

We have a deep team this year, I really hope that Coach K finally uses his depth. The ideal rotation for me would be: 

G - Jones (30) | Goldwire (5) 

G - Moore (25)  | Stanley (20) 

G - Baker (20)  | O'Connell (15)

F - Hurt (25) | White (15)

F - Carey (25) | DeLaurier (20) 

Imma be honest. Coach K not making the Final 4 with Zion (let alone RJ and the other guys) has took the winds out my sails regarding Duke. How he burned Joey Baker's redshirt also still bothers me.

I'm not as excited for this next season as I probably should be, but hopefully that'll change once the season tips off.

10 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Imma be honest. Coach K not making the Final 4 with Zion (let alone RJ and the other guys) has took the winds out my sails regarding Duke. How he burned Joey Baker's redshirt also still bothers me.

I'm not as excited for this next season as I probably should be, but hopefully that'll change once the season tips off.

Duke has been 1 shot away from the Final 4 the last two seasons. Bad calls and good upperclassmen players making plays for elite programs kept us out. 

I'm not as excited for this year as I have been for previous years but I actually think we have a legitimate shot at a title. Last year's team lacked depth and shooting. We don't have a star this year but we'll be 10 deep and almost every guy in the rotation will be at least an average three-point shooter. 

Well, Cole Anthony is going to get a ton of shots in the non-conference with the backcourt injuries for UNC. Hoping the grad transfers are worth their salt against legit competition because our wing depth is dependent on them. Still think we've got a top 5/10 team and an outside shot at the Natty/Final Four.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 9:19 PM, beekay414 said:

Well, Cole Anthony is going to get a ton of shots in the non-conference with the backcourt injuries for UNC. Hoping the grad transfers are worth their salt against legit competition because our wing depth is dependent on them. Still think we've got a top 5/10 team and an outside shot at the Natty/Final Four.

UNC is definitely a top 10 team this year. Cole Anthony is legit and Keeling/Pierce will both be good next season. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

UNC is definitely a top 10 team this year. Cole Anthony is legit and Keeling/Pierce will both be good next season. 

Yeah, I think we're going to be legit, just hoping the grad transfers bring the noise like the last transfer did. 

What are your thoughts on Armando Bacot? We need a scoring big man now that Luke Maye's 15 year run is over. We've got good depth in the front court with Brooks, Huffman and Manley but none of those 3 are really scorers. 

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I think we're going to be legit, just hoping the grad transfers bring the noise like the last transfer did. 

What are your thoughts on Armando Bacot? We need a scoring big man now that Luke Maye's 15 year run is over. We've got good depth in the front court with Brooks, Huffman and Manley but none of those 3 are really scorers. 

I like Keeling a lot more than Pierce but both should be good starters. Anthony and Keeling are going to be one of, if not the, best backcourts in America this year. I'm extremely excited to see Tre Jones and Cole Anthony go head to head in our matchups.

Bacot is a really good player and should be able to provide 8-10 ppg as a freshman, IMO. Even though your bigs aren't really scorers, you will get good scoring production from your bigs. Cole Anthony is going to get them a ton of easy looks all year.

Edited by NYRaider