Leisher's first 2020 Mock Draft 10-12

jleisher

Yeah, I know it's way to early.  In this mock, I have the Packers drafting in the #25 spot.

#25.  CeedDee Lamb NFL

Scouting Report: CeeDee Lamb

School: Oklahoma Position: Wide Receiver Class: Junior Height: 6’2″ Weight: 190 Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:

Excellent route runner that has a natural affinity for catching the ball away from his body, in a controlled, efficient manner. Ideally gifted to be a slot receiver at the next level, he will need to continue to add some muscle to his lanky frame. Doesn’t have elite top end speed in the open field, but is fast, and does a good job of accelerating out of his routes. Has been productive even with other elite WR’s on the field. A natural pass catcher, he has a feel for the passing game that can’t be taught.

#57.  Tyler Biadasz NFL

Scouting Report: Tyler Biadasz

School: Wisconsin Position: Center Class: Junior Height: 6-3 Weight: 325 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Extremely powerful, smash-mouth type center that doesn’t need the extra help from other offensive linemen to block top tier defensive linemen. Excels with a combination of power and balance. Works best in close quarters where his lack of arm length could get him into problems, but shouldn’t hinder him at center in most blocking schemes. Able to road grade in the run game, and has the footwork to hold up to recover, even when caught off balance in pass protection.

#89.  Carlos Basham Jr NFL

Scouting Report: Carlos Basham Jr.

School: Wake Forest Position: Defensive End Class: Junior Height: 6’5″ Weight: 275 Projected Draft Round: 2-4

Scouting Report:

A versatile, three down lineman that has developed into an all around pass rusher and overall disrupting force. Has excellent height, length, and frame that will allow him to play in any defensive scheme. Very good explosion off of the snap, and has shown a variety of pass rush moves. Can get into the backfield using speed or power. Gets leverage quickly and can get low and around blockers. Able to drop into coverage and doesn’t look uncomfortable when doing so. Has developed into a technique sound pass rushers.

#131.  Mitchell Wilcox NFL

Scouting Report: Mitchell Wilcox

School: South Florida Position: Tight End Class: Senior Height: 6’5″ Weight: 245 Projected Draft Round: 2-4

Scouting Report:

Thrives in the slot and able to find openings in the defense. A smooth route runner that gets separation from defenders easily in the open field. A pure receiving tight end at this point, that doesn’t have the mid and lower body strength to be an effective inline blocker, or a blocker in space. In the right offense, can be moved around all over the offense as a receiver. Not afraid of contact, but will need to work on his concentration when catching the ball in stride and continuing the play.

#168.  Evan Weaver NFL

Scouting Report: Evan Weaver

School: California Position: Inside/Outside Linebacker Class: Senior Height: 6’3″ Weight: 245 Projected Draft Round: 2-5

Scouting Report:

Coming to Cal as a defensive end, Weaver has been worked as an outside linebacker and has found a spot currently as an inside linebacker. Thriving in coverage and with read and reactions, has a knack for getting to the play quickly, and is relentless in his pursuit of the ball carrier. Not a true thumper in the middle, more of playmaker that is best used when is allowed to free range in the defense. Could be used inside or outside at the next level depending on scheme. A smart, experienced player that is ready to start in the NFL from day

#189.  Liam Eichenberg NFL

Scouting Report: Liam Eichenberg

School: Notre Dame Position: Offensive Tackle Class: Senior Height: 6’6″ Weight: 305 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Nasty left tackle that plays through the echo of the whistle, and is a leader on the offensive line. Has ideal length and frame for the position at the next level. Has displayed a fierce playing style, but has taken some time to get comfortable at the position. Still working on technique, and, even though there is not much bad tape on him making false moves, apprehension has been his biggest problem. That alleviated as he settled into a starting role, and has learned to react better, with his anchor and upper body working much more fluidly.

#204.  AJ Dillon NFL

Scouting Report: AJ Dillon

School: Boston College Position: Running Back Class: Senior Height: 6’0″ Weight: 250 Projected Draft Round: 2-4

Scouting Report:

A huge, strong, solidly built power back that has rare athleticism for someone of his size. Initial impressions are of a pure bowling ball power back that will be featured in short yardage situations. However, Dillon has freakish agility and speed for a back of his size, and furthermore isn’t obsessed with making contact. A smart runner, he is always looking for yardage and not just to blow up a defender. Has good vision and looks for a hole and has surprising explosion after putting his foot in the dirt and making a cut upfield. An excellent blocker as well in pass protection.

#219.  cropped-Quincy-Roche-NFL-678x381.jpg

Scouting Report: Quincy Roche

School: Temple Position: Outside Linebacker / Defensive End Class: Junior Height: 6’4″ Weight: 235 Projected Draft Round: 4-6

Scouting Report:

A defensive end at Temple, Roche looks much more the part of an outside linebacker at the next level. Has excellent bend around the edge, and uses his speed to beat blockers with a combination of pure athleticism and technique. Is a playmaker both on defense and on special teams, where he is extremely disruptive. Has the short area speed and change of direction abilities to succeed in coverage, but not a ton of experience there. Roche has a good height and length to add more bulk to his frame to possibly stay on as a defensive end, but will probably be most valued by 3-4 teams looking for a pass rushing OLB.

#231.  Kadarius Toney NFL

Scouting Report: Kadarius Toney

School: Florida Position: Wide Receiver Class: Junior Height: 5’11” Weight: 194 Projected Draft Round: 6-7

Scouting Report:

Incredibly gifted playmaker that is extremely dangerous with the ball in his hands. A perplexing prospect, Toney has elite talent as a receiver, and can break a big play at any time. However, there are a long list of negatives from ball security, off the field issues and injuries that will have scouts worried. Has excellent speed and elusiveness. Very good hands and is a natural at making the catch away from his body, turning up field and making a play. A natural at shifting his weight to avoid tackles. Needs to have an uneventful year off the field, and show more discipline on, and can make his way into a very desirable position in the draft. Is deservedly compared to Percy Harvin, both in the positive and in the negative.

#238.  Robert Windsor NFL

Scouting Report: Robert Windsor

School: Penn State Position: Defensive Tackle Class: Senior Height: 6’4″ Weight: 290 Projected Draft Round: 5-7

Scouting Report:

Technician on the defensive line, Windsor is a long, agile defensive tackle that uses his hands and feet in harmony to get penetration. Productive when asked to one gap, he has the height and wing span that teams with varying schemes will be intrigued by. Has actually slimmed down to be more of a pass rusher in a 4-3, but 3-4 teams will also covet him as an end. A smart, experienced player that has lots of experience and production against top competition.

If we could move your first two picks down a round and draft either a OT or DL round 1 I’m a fan.  Not only am I not much of a fan of drafting a WR in the 1st I believe Lamb is Round 2 regardless.  The later guys make sense for the most part, although it’s so early it’s difficult to put a grade on most of them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 15412 said:

If we could move your first two picks down a round and draft either a OT or DL round 1 I’m a fan.  Not only am I not much of a fan of drafting a WR in the 1st I believe Lamb is Round 2 regardless.  The later guys make sense for the most part, although it’s so early it’s difficult to put a grade on most of them.

Agreed, the problem is Biadsz won't last until the 3rd.

35 minutes ago, Hands said:

A center at the second pick, doesn't seem logical. I like Wilcox and Lamb and think another RB will be needed. Not bad overall!

He's also had snaps at Guard and IIRC, he started out as a Guard and got moved to Center. 

Two EDGE guys really don't make sense for me in this draft when we just loaded up at EDGE. I suspect Fackrell will be back as last year is proving to be an anomaly through 5 games. I too think that Lamb is a 2nd Rounder unless he blows up at the combine a la DK Metcalf. I'd also like to think that CB/S would be addressed, maybe the 4th Round. 

On the other hand, I suspect we're going to trade up again this year as well, though maybe not into the first; we have a lot of late Day 3 ammo.