What would you rather see? Skins getting #1 pick or going on historic 11-5 run?

aceinthehouse

What do you want to see the 2019 Redskins do?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you believe would be more important for the 2019 Redskins?

• Securing the #1 overall draft pick, for the 2020 NFL Draft?
    • Going on a historical run never before done & finishing 11-5 & making Playoffs?

Neither are likely to happen, but I'm very curious what posters here are hoping for over the next several weeks.

Btw, the poll answers are public. 

You could argue which outcome would "save" the franchise. 

Which is why I'm posting this Poll.

#1 overall pick could net us a great player or haul of picks.

But it could also net you a #1 overall bust.

Or

We could go 11-5 & make Playoffs. Possibly winning Division. Which has never been done, btw. This would be historically crazy actually. The 1992 Chargers did start 0-4 & made the playoffs finishing 11-5.

But nobody has ever made the Playoffs starting 0-5. An Interim Head Coach doing it, would put it on another level.

Who knows what the future of the team would hold after a season like this?

Come game day I always hope for the Redskins to win. When we lose it is just a silver lining to know that it’s actually best for us right now to lose. 
Saying that I had to go with the 11-5 finish vote. But man does this team really need at least a top 5 pick to hopefully make some meaningful change and draft another stud.

• Like 2

Going 11-5 would tell me more about this team, than securing the #1 overall pick.

1) It would tell me that this team is as talented, as I've always thought they were.

2) That Jay Gruden sucks as bad, as I've thought he did. At least over the last few years. Not to mention his camp Gruden practices.

3) That Callahan is a better head coach, than he is a Coordinator or O-line coach.

4) That Kevin O'Connell needs to be kept here, somehow/someway as Off Coordinator or Coach as well.

5) Depending on Haskins playing during this 11-5 run, would tell us about him as well.

39 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If we had the #1 pick, it would probably get traded to the Steelers for Head Coach Mike Tomlin.

If we went 11-5?

We would keep Callihan & continue to develop Haskins , keep our 1st Rd pick in the 20's & have a shot at the SB.

No one is trading a #1 for Tomlin. 

7 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Come game day I always hope for the Redskins to win. When we lose it is just a silver lining to know that it’s actually best for us right now to lose. 
Saying that I had to go with the 11-5 finish vote. But man does this team really need at least a top 5 pick to hopefully make some meaningful change and draft another stud.

Yup. As I've done in the past, when we're out of it, I want us to lose. I want the players to play hard and try to win, but at the end of the day, what helps the team more at that point is that the team improves individually as players but that we get a better draft pick.