Rumor: OJ Howard on the trade block?

bucsfan333

I have to admit, I m kind of not surprised if Howard gets traded.  Brate is signed thru '24, and BA didn t draft him.  He hasn t exactly played well this season, and really didn t look great on Sunday.  I just have a feeling BA is about to weed out the locker room.   Curious to see who goes.

Edited by ravishingone

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I have to admit, I m kind of not surprised if Howard gets traded.  Brate is signed thru '24, and BA didn t draft him.  He hasn t exactly played well this season, and really didn t look great on Sunday.  I just have a feeling BA is about to weed out the locker room.   Curious to see who goes.

If BA is gonna stand by his accountability chart, sure. Howard has to go. He's had multiple drops (one resulted in an INT) and he's had multiple holding calls bring back big runs.

However, if he's gonna give Jameis a pass on TWO awful games (1/3 of our season) it doesn't make sense to give up on Howard yet. Instead, it would make  sense to give Howard more chances to get involved in the passing game since we don't have a WR3.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

If BA is gonna stand by his accountability chart, sure. Howard has to go. He's had multiple drops (one resulted in an INT) and he's had multiple holding calls bring back big runs.

However, if he's gonna give Jameis a pass on TWO awful games (1/3 of our season) it doesn't make sense to give up on Howard yet. Instead, it would make  sense to give Howard more chances to get involved in the passing game since we don't have a WR3.

Agreed, but if you want to build up the draft pick war chest , they still have 3 TEs on the roster.  Not sure how it shakes out.  

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Agreed, but if you want to build up the draft pick war chest , they still have 3 TEs on the roster.  Not sure how it shakes out.  

Cutting Pinion would give us six picks in the first four rounds. Even if we don't cut him, we essentially have four top 100 picks.

Having talent >>>>>> the chance to draft it. I hope BA agrees.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Cutting Pinion would give us six picks in the first four rounds. Even if we don't cut him, we essentially have four top 100 picks.

Having talent >>>>>> the chance to draft it. I hope BA agrees.

Yup. agree, but No QB -Means No Chance especially from a QB Whisperer.  I hope it doesn t happen, but if Howard goes I do think it sheds more light on the Winston situation.

Just now, ravishingone said:

Yup. agree, but No QB -Means No Chance especially from a QB Whisperer.  I hope it doesn t happen, but if Howard goes I do think it sheds more light on the Winston situation.

Trading a talent like Howard would seem more like a rebuild to me. Which BA doesn't seem interested in.

Just now, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

For better or for worse? 😂

BA said he's not gonna evaluate Jameis until after our eigth game. But another game even remotely similar to last week would have to force his hand into looking elsewhere.

BA is on record saying he doesn't care about the past four years. He's evaluating solely on this year, in HIS offense.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Trading a talent like Howard would seem more like a rebuild to me. Which BA doesn't seem interested in.

Got to be honest, the measurables are there. but I haven t seen Howard consistently gain separation like a Kelce.  Certainly, Brate has better hands.   

Could it be we as fans are over valuing his athletic skill level from the combine, that just doesn t translate on the field.?   Maybe rhe reason they don t split him out wide outside the hashes is because he just can t beat his guy consistently.  This is now the second coaching staff who hasn t used him in that role.   Also, he was good at Bama, not great.  

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Got to be honest, the measurables are there. but I haven t seen Howard consistently gain separation like a Kelce.  Certainly, Brate has better hands.   

Could it be we as fans are over valuing his athletic skill level from the combine, that just doesn t translate on the field.?   Maybe rhe reason they don t split him out wide outside the hashes is because he just can t beat his guy consistently.  This is now the second coaching staff who hasn t used him in that role.   Also, he was good at Bama, not great.  

He was primarily a blocker at Bama. They were a run first team back then with no real QB.

He could definitely improve his route running. But he's a mismatch with his size and speed.

36 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I disagree it would be a rebuild move at all. It's about getting good value back, so we can use that good value at a different position of need. We do have a lot of other "positions of need". As long as we don't use that pick on a CB!