Rumor: OJ Howard on the trade block?

bucsfan333

17 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I disagree it would be a rebuild move at all. It's about getting good value back, so we can use that good value at a different position of need. We do have a lot of other "positions of need". As long as we don't use that pick on a CB! 

We "need" a third receiver after Mike and Godwin. Howard has shown he can be that guy. Right now, Ogunbowale is our third leading receiver. That should excite nobody.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

We "need" a third receiver after Mike and Godwin. Howard has shown he can be that guy. Right now, Ogunbowale is our third leading receiver. That should excite nobody.

Are you saying every team needs a third WR with his talent? Or just us? I hate to trade away proven talent like Howard but he's a luxury right now Imo. 

I don't think with we need three pro bowl WR's on the team. Especially with a struggling QB that isn't able to use him to his full potential. Could even use his trade return for a QB or Patrick Peterson. 

1 hour ago, Caaddy24 said:

Are you saying every team needs a third WR with his talent? Or just us? I hate to trade away proven talent like Howard but he's a luxury right now Imo. 

I don't think with we need three pro bowl WR's on the team. Especially with a struggling QB that isn't able to use him to his full potential. Could even use his trade return for a QB or Patrick Peterson. 

I just mean a third reliable option after our top two WRs.

40 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I just mean a third reliable option after our top two WRs.

So far that reliable 3rd target has been Cam Brate.  He pretty much catches every ball.  I like Howard, but he is having issues catching the ball even after SF.  Maybe Howard is being shopped for another player?  No clue who

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I guess if he learns to actually run the entire route tree and u know catch the ball consistently.  At this point, I d settle for a more athletic version of Cam Brate.

i think youre just down on OJ

i get it, i do

but IMO we are just not utilizing him AT ALL , not giving him opportunities , and hes lost confidence so essentially the coaching staff is doing this to Howard and it shows

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i think youre just down on OJ

i get it, i do

but IMO we are just not utilizing him AT ALL , not giving him opportunities , and hes lost confidence so essentially the coaching staff is doing this to Howard and it shows

Yeah that's a good point. He just doesn't look that into it right now. When you're used sparingly you're gonna be a little rusty. All WR's drop balls every now and then. But it looks even worse when you're only getting 2-4 looks a game. But again, with Godwin now emerging as another star, these 3 big WRs (yes I'm grouping Howard in as a WR), SOMEONE is going to get the short end. 

Hard to tell what the offense would look like without him of course, maybe much worse. I think Evans and Godwin will be here for the long haul. So, I say we use his value somewhere else.