Rumor: OJ Howard on the trade block?

bucsfan333

I think it was JBF who brought it up and I thought it was interesting:

The last time we had a 1,000 yard rusher, our TEs were Luke Stocker and Brandon Meyers. Both guys were blockers.

I think that's what BA is looking for in his TEs. Having a guy with the potential of an OJ Howard is awesome. But not necessary. Especially when the offense centers around WRs - WRs exactly like ours.

If we can upgrade Ogunbowale as our receiving back, TE becomes moot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think it was JBF who brought it up and I thought it was interesting:

The last time we had a 1,000 yard rusher, our TEs were Luke Stocker and Brandon Meyers. Both guys were blockers.

I think that's what BA is looking for in his TEs. Having a guy with the potential of an OJ Howard is awesome. But not necessary. Especially when the offense centers around WRs - WRs exactly like ours.

If we can upgrade Ogunbowale as our receiving back, TE becomes moot.

I was never much of an Auclair fan.  What was telling earlier in the season, when they went 12 personnel it was Auclair and Howard.  Never thought Auclair was a great blocker, but he was the best of the bunch.

Wouldn t shock me to see.McElroy or Hudson assume the Brate H back role.  Howard has been okay as the in line TE, but maybe they want a little more blocking prowess.  I think Auclair is finished.

Hard for me to criticize the passing attack not focusing on TEs when they will throw for over 5000 yds.  So yeah, if the price is right, Howard can be traded.

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Who wants the 5th yr option for this guy?  Make me believe he needa to stay.

Even with how depleted our WR core has been the last two weeks... OJ didn’t have a catch today. Did he even get a target?

See if Cam will take a pay cut to stay and use OJ as trade bait to move up in the draft. We just don’t use him in this offense.

1 minute ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Even with how depleted our WR core has been the last two weeks... OJ didn’t have a catch today. Did he even get a target?

See if Cam will take a pay cut to stay and use OJ as trade bait to move up in the draft. We just don’t use him in this offense.

He s the Gaines Adams of the offense.  Physically looks the part but just doesn t play good enough.  He has to be traded

14 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

He s the Gaines Adams of the offense.  Physically looks the part but just doesn t play good enough.  He has to be traded

If we are trading up as some have speculated on Twitter, you’d think that OJ would minimize the draft capitol needed to make a deal. If we go QB in the 1st, we absolutely need to get that guy OL in the 2nd and or 3rd.