The Other Games Thread Week #6

Iron_man

19 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

There is a possibility of a NE vs SF superbowl. Would be sick....Jimmy vs Brady, Belichick vs a Shanahan.....Brady vs his youth team at the big time. What better way to go out (if he did)...

It might be the final season. I made the mistake of listening to the ATN podcast live form London this morning on the drive in to work. They were even more rowdy and obnoxious than usual but they did do a What's more Likely? for the Browns and/or Jets overtaking the Patriots while Brady was still playing versus Trent Richardson taking another NFL snap.  They reckoned the latter largely on the basis that he might retire after this year. I have to agree with their choice although it would be the same even if Brady plays another five years. 

I know this is almost impossible but how hyped would the superbowl be if you had two 18-0 teams playing off, guaranteeing a perfect season. And we would finally have proof that Patriots backups can succeed after they leave Foxborough. 

5 minutes ago, scottishpatriot said:

It might be the final season. I made the mistake of listening to the ATN podcast live form London this morning on the drive in to work. They were even more rowdy and obnoxious than usual but they did do a What's more Likely? for the Browns and/or Jets overtaking the Patriots while Brady was still playing versus Trent Richardson taking another NFL snap.  They reckoned the latter largely on the basis that he might retire after this year. I have to agree with their choice although it would be the same even if Brady plays another five years. 

I know this is almost impossible but how hyped would the superbowl be if you had two 18-0 teams playing off, guaranteeing a perfect season. And we would finally have proof that Patriots backups can succeed after they leave Foxborough. 

I stopped listening to those about 3 years ago. Dan is a cretin. I like Mark though...is it Mark?

If we DON'T win the SB, it's almost like a guarantee TB comes back again. Almost a win-win situation :D that's what I tell myself anyway.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I stopped listening to those about 3 years ago. Dan is a cretin. I like Mark though...is it Mark?

If we DON'T win the SB, it's almost like a guarantee TB comes back again. Almost a win-win situation :D that's what I tell myself anyway.

I wouldn't mind him retiring. I would like to see how BB does with a QB on a rookie deal. I think quiet well.

Just now, SBLIII said:

I wouldn't mind him retiring. I would like to see how BB does with a QB on a rookie deal. I think quiet well.

I'm enjoying the same people who said that Brady is a system QB are now the ones currently saying with Brady's decline, the dynasty is soon to be over. Delicious confusion.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'm enjoying the same people who said that Brady is a system QB are now the ones currently saying with Brady's decline, the dynasty is soon to be over. Delicious confusion.

They are conflicted. On the one hand they want Brady to get 'exposed', on the other hand they want the Pats to suck badly. Their issue is that nobody will speak about Brady after he retires frequently and if the Pats keep winning those people will be mad as hell lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I like Mark more than the others although they let him/make him indulge in too many fantastical monologues. Wesseling is the worst - a realy bully. 

I'll try Off the Charts and Move the Sticks more this week. 

Also - I feel like Brady's career arc won't be finished until he beats Eli in the big game. Maybe he will go to a contender who loses their starter this year or next. Now THAT would be the way to bow out. 

4 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

If what happened In GB tonight had happened in Foxboro...I can’t even imagine the outcry.

I haven't caught up with it yet? What was the egregious call this time?

Edit - Hands to the face on Flowers right? I think Bakhtieri was selling it a bit much but ti did look like he had him by the top of the pads at the neck. 

I feel for the Lions - they've had some near misses - but I really think they can still grab a wild card spot. Two out of the Lions, Vikings, Seahawks and Cowboys will get the wildcards I feel. 

Edited by scottishpatriot