GDT - Week 6

Hunter2_1

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

This is great, the panthers are better with this back up than they are with newton. Trade newton (not to the steelers please) and move on, newton is so overrated anyways. 

We were 6-2 last year before Newton got injured.  11-5 in 2017.

Panthers were good with Cam, we just had terrible luck with Newton's injury after the Steelers game.  Even look at our point differential in losses last year after that.  It was like 3-4 point losses mostly.  And in the 2 games this year we lost, it was super close. 

I'm not saying we'll go back to Newton or anything, but it isn't like we didn't look good with Cam.  Cam was just hurt.

Edited by iknowcool

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

This is great, the panthers are better with this back up than they are with newton. Trade newton (not to the steelers please) and move on, newton is so overrated anyways. 

this would be smart. Load up the roster with talent with the additional cap space.

4 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I think it has to be a legitimate option moving forward. Way too early for me to buy into the Kyle Allen situation just yet, but I don't know how much longer you would commit to Cam anyway. 

Just now, thebestever6 said:

And what's an injury prone dual threat qbs value at this stage?

A Dannon Oikos yogurt?

Oh, he's going to have some reasonable value for a team. He's not going to return multiple firsts or something, but somebody will take a chance on him if he's put on the market. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think it has to be a legitimate option moving forward. Way too early for me to buy into the Kyle Allen situation just yet, but I don't know how much longer you would commit to Cam anyway. 

Move on from Cam, give Kyle another year to prove himself, if he is good longterm option, if not draft QB in 21

Just now, Forge said:

Oh, he's going to have some reasonable value for a team. He's not going to return multiple firsts or something, but somebody will take a chance on him if he's put on the market. 

I just don't see anything higher than a 3rd and conditional 4th.

That's me being generous and trying to compromise .

1 minute ago, evilpimp972 said:

Why would you try a long *** FG?

Now they just need 2 TDs instead of potentially needing 3.  I think it's still earlyish enough where you don't risk missing out on points and that wasn't a short 4th down.

Bad on their part for wasting a timeout though.

Edited by iknowcool