GDT - Week 6

Hunter2_1

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I just don't see anything higher than a 3rd and conditional 4th.

That's me being generous and trying to compromise .

We always underestimate the return of quarterbacks. I don't think it'll be a ton more in return, but I do think it'll be more than that. But, it'll largely depend on what his health is going into the offseason. The health is obviously the key. If he's healthy, I think he gets a solid, if unspectacular return. Too many quarterback needs teams, several of whom are potential playoff contenders if Newton is legitimately healthy and can perform. His cap hit is 19m next season, which is very reasonable, but he would need a new contract as well. But teams like Tampa, Chicago, Tennessee all have quarterback questions and are all kind of on the cusp. 

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

Now they just need 2 TDs instead of potentially needing 3.  I think it's still earlyish enough where you don't risk missing out on points and that wasn't a short 4th down.

Bad on their part for wasting a timeout though.

It's 17 pts, so still 3 possessions 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

His cap hit is 19m next season, which is very reasonable, but he would need a new contract as well. But teams like Tampa, Chicago, Tennessee all have quarterback questions and are all kind of on the cusp. 

Oh someone will trade for him but 30 for a dual threat qb is like 33 for a pocket passer qb. 

Also depends on who else is available at what rates draft pick wise, free agency, etc. 

Foles may be available, Mariota, Winston, draft qbs. 

I don't think the return will be enough to say it's replenishing a roster. I see a Flacco like trade.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Kyle Allen is.....good?

I'm still not sure what to think.  He looked below average to bad against the Texans and Jags despite the efficient numbers, but he's looked great against the Cards and Bucs.  But then its the Cards and Bucs, so.