GDT - Week 6

Hunter2_1

I'm kind of fascinated by the Bucs entertaining trade options for Mike Evans. Having multiple studly receivers is simply superfluous in my opinion. WIth Godwin eligible for an extension after the season, I just wonder if they don't cash in on Evans to secure help for areas that need it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I'm kind of fascinated by the Bucs entertaining trade options for Mike Evans. Having multiple studly receivers is simply superfluous in my opinion. WIth Godwin eligible for an extension after the season, I just wonder if they don't cash in on Evans to secure help for areas that need it. 

It would be smart I honestly think  Godwin is the better all-around receiver TBH...    I know its a hot take but if you watch Godwin he does everything really well 

Evans has a huge cap number at 16.5 a year. His dead cap is huge but I think a bunch of it would transfer in a trade.

You need a math degree to figure out contracts in trades these days.

I could see other teams wanting him and I could see Tampa getting tired of him.

Just now, evilpimp972 said:

Hot take because Bradburry was on Evans all day. 

That doesn't matter if you watch the games Evans only has a couple of things he excels at compared to Godwin who has those traits and is better in other areas.  

Evans always struggles with Bradbury and Marson Lattimore because they fit his style of play and can shut him down because he relies too much on his physical traits

Just now, SkippyX said:

Evans has a huge cap number at 16.5 a year. His dead cap is huge but I think a bunch of it would transfer in a trade.

You need a math degree to figure out contracts in trades these days.

I could see other teams wanting him and I could see Tampa getting tired of him.

Huge is relative now given the contracts of guys like Thomas / OBJ (not to mention the guys like Cooks and Watkins who make comparable salaries). And his base salary actually decreases after next year to between 12-14 million the following three years. For any team acquiring him, the contract is fantastic in my opinion. The dead money via trade shouldn't be an issue for the Bucs. If they got a real offer, I would listen. 

1 minute ago, evilpimp972 said:

Maybe they should trade him, that I agree. I disagree that Godwin is better though.

Yeah, I don't know that I would go that far, and I'm a huge Godwin fan. I do think that before all is said and done that Godwin will be considered a decent number one, but like I said, I've just been a fan since college (I had the 49ers draft him in the shadow draft we run every year). It's always hard to project what will happen to guys when there's a change in circumstance that big. That's why I was concerned about JuJu this year (obviously further issues at the QB position have further complicated that eval, but I had those concerns going into the season). 

Just now, Forge said:

Huge is relative now given the contracts of guys like Thomas / OBJ (not to mention the guys like Cooks and Watkins who make comparable salaries). And his base salary actually decreases after next year to between 12-14 million the following three years. For any team acquiring him, the contract is fantastic in my opinion. The dead money via trade shouldn't be an issue for the Bucs. If they got a real offer, I would listen. 

I don't think Tampa would eat much dead money because most is in the form of future guarantees that a new team would just inherit.

We are just speculating here of course. Arians and co. may love Evans.