Week 6: Jaguars vs. Saints

.Buzz

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Seriously though. Talk about an overreaction.

That’s not overreaction the overreaction is the fact that everybody anointed this kid off of a 3 game sample sized showing. But I’m over reacting 🤨? I said when Foles was hurt originally that the Jags would be lucky to win 3 games that was before I saw the Bengals and Jets teams. But what if he splits the Jets and Bengals 2 teams he should beat? I highly doubt he gives you enough to beat the Texans or the Colts.. so even if he beats the Bengals and Jets that combined with his last 5 outings is good enough to maintain a starting Job.. how why? The Jags have one of the easiest schedules in the league. So winning against the Titans, Broncos, Jets, and Bengals over 9 game stretch is good enough to be the guy.. 🤨 In what league? But I know Minshew can do no wrong and it’s everybody else’s fault but Minshew. Stop giving fishes credit for swimming that’s what they are suppose to do.. what are you going to do beyond that should be the real question.

Edited by DuvalsKing

8 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

That’s not overreaction the overreaction is the fact that everybody anointed this kid off of a 3 game sample sized showing. But I’m over reacting 🤨? I said when Foles was hurt originally that the Jags would be lucky to win 3 games that was before I saw the Bengals and Jets teams. But what if he splits the Jets and Bengals 2 teams he should beat? I highly doubt he gives you enough to beat the Texans or the Colts.. so even if he beats the Bengals and Jets that combined with his last 5 outings is good enough to maintain a starting Job.. how why? The Jags have one of the easiest schedules in the league. So winning against the Titans, Broncos, Jets, and Bengals over 9 game stretch is good enough to be the guy.. 🤨 In what league? But I know Minshew can do no wrong and it’s everybody else’s fault but Minshew. Stop giving fishes credit for swimming that’s what they are suppose to do.. what are you going to do beyond that should be the real question.

This guy literally played statistically like a top 8-10 QB through those few weeks and literally willed us into games despite the defense being terrible and no running game until a couple weeks ago.

No one was "annointing him". He played amazing though and theres no denying that. This week he played a team that switched things up and was something he hadn't seen before. Acting as if it's crazy to see a rookie do that, especially when receivers weren't getting open/OL having yet another rough game. What are you expecting?

Foles has never been a top end QB. He's a game manager/fringe top 12 guy who plays otherworldly at times in the playoffs. I'm a fan but you don't bench a guy who had potential to be more than that for the "safe" guy when your defense has been below average and weapons/OL play haven't been great either. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

This guy literally played statistically like a top 8-10 QB through those few weeks and literally willed us into games despite the defense being terrible and no running game until a couple weeks ago.

No one was "annointing him". He played amazing though and theres no denying that. This week he played a team that switched things up and was something he hadn't seen before. Acting as if it's crazy to see a rookie do that, especially when receivers weren't getting open/OL having yet another rough game. What are you expecting?

Foles has never been a top end QB. He's a game manager/fringe top 12 guy who plays otherworldly at times in the playoffs. I'm a fan but you don't bench a guy who had potential to be more than that for the "safe" guy when your defense has been below average and weapons/OL play haven't been great either. 

Well I mean the season is over unless they can win 4 of the next 5 if not it’s time to shut it down.. and if that’s the case you might as well let him play out the season and get his bumps and bruises. But the likelihood of this team winning anything over 7 games is slim to none.