Kyle Long likely to be placed on IR

CBears019

I’m shocked by this move. It seems like they listened to everyone here on the forum. 

Nagy probably reviewed the film and realized Long is done. Nagy does not seem like a stubborn coach if he’s willing to think of the team and not one player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Easy way to bench a long time veteran without telling him he’s been playing like crap.

Yep. Let's him save face before we release him in the off-season. Damn shame... dude was a freaking monster until injuries crippled him.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, G08 said:

Yep. Let's him save face before we release him in the off-season. Damn shame... dude was a freaking monster until injuries crippled him.

I never thought the OL would get better without him until this year. Hopefully he retires rather than forcing Pace to release him. Retire with the Bears and be proud of a mostly dominant career. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sugashane said:

I never thought the OL would get better without him until this year. Hopefully he retires rather than forcing Pace to release him. Retire with the Bears and be proud of a mostly dominant career. 

Neither did I and it just further proves how fleeting an NFL career truly is. 

• Like 1

Sad to think he has played his last game in a Bears u uniform and maybe for his career.

This is clearly a move that was done to make Long go out with some dignity and respect rather than just straight cutting him after this season.  Apparantly the signs where already showing in TC as reports were he had lost a step.

Sucks the guy had so many injuries and had to play on all those bad Bears squads. Imagine if we had an in his  prime fully healthy Kyle Long now. At least then we couldn't use the poor o-line excuse for Mitch and Nagy.