Lions @ Packers GDT

diehardlionfan

Just came here to say... I feel for you, Lions fans. I don't want to be "that guy" like a certain other fanbase after the NFCCG last year (some posters), I'm gonna be perfectly honest with y'all.

We didn't deserve this win.

It's a shame because it was a great game marred by some terrible officiating. 

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

What sucks is after the game to watch the espn crew ball wash Rogers. They should ask him how does it feel to have to refs bail you out of yet another game you should have lost?  

Well at least Rodgers played really well. Two sure TDs dropped, etc.

I am so use to the refs doing this its not even a shock anymore. matter of fact I called it. I told a friend of mine on that bogus face call to Flowers that gave Rodgers a 1st down instead of a punt was going to cost us this game sure enough he throws a td while I was talking to her ( she is a packer fan) she even agree the call was bogus then the same call happens while I am talking to her. She wasn't happy with the win bye her Packer she thought the Lions got robbed and she is a packer fan. O well I told her just another rules change coming next year to allow us to challenge that call next but we will get a SORRY FROM NFL and First take will rip them yet again for screwing Detroit football gods hate us they keep saying nah just the Zebras.

Anyway the other point I am going to make is Hock TE drafted 8th over all you either use him or don't draft him I sick of Stafford ignoring the TE on Detroit he ruined EBRON who went to Colts and with Luck look like a MVP and he is now not using HOCK! Its a shame the guy is a nightmare match up should get 50 plus yards in his sleep!

21 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

SVP is going off here on the NFL.  And then they bring in Booger to pile on.  But, likely will get an apology and nothing will change. 

What exactly is supposed to change?

I mean, the Lions got totally screwed out of the opportunity for a last possession.
This was the most egregious call of the season.
Hell, I'm trying to call Goodell now.
But, just to holler and scream and get my $100 back.

There cannot be a replay on every play.
The union will spare the official.
That is how things work.

The US beat the USSR.
Brad Park was off-sides.
Orta was out.
Maradona scored with his hand.
Bettis called heads.
I mean, do we throw the flag on the coin toss?

It happens in every sport at every level.
Be mad.
Also, be glad you didn't bet the rent.
If you bet the rent, get help.

Go to work and complain.
Get online and complain.
But, don't expect that something will change.

You know, if Crosby had hit a 50 yard FG and the Lions got the ball back and Stafford tossed an interception, I'd be OK with it.
But, this was crap.

It was like if in the last episode of Game of Thrones, Bran woke up and it was all a dream.
Just a poor product that ruined an otherwise great game, and I don't like either team.

• Like 2

The Packers held a lead in this game for 0 seconds.

I get the "we can't settle for FGs" rationale... I do. I wish we could score TDs on every drive. That being said, we had a lead throughout the entire game, questionable (if not terrible) calls were made in key moments, and all of those calls went against the Lions.

Both of their touchdown drives were extended by 3rd down penalties against the Lions, while our drives were ended by missed calls (the Johnson non-fumble and the missed DPI). Then, there's the game ending "illegal hands to the upper body".

Disappointing. The NFL should be embarrassed. This product isn't anywhere close to being good enough.

One over looked call was the Kerryon drop.

The broadcast official said with the third foot down it's a catch and it should stand, then after it was overturned as they show the replay again, as he gets the third foot down he says it's not a catch cause the ball came out before the third foot was down. Wtf.

10 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

What exactly is supposed to change?

I mean, the Lions got totally screwed out of the opportunity for a last possession.
This was the most egregious call of the season.
Hell, I'm trying to call Goodell now.
But, just to holler and scream and get my $100 back.

There cannot be a replay on every play.
The union will spare the official.
That is how things work.

The US beat the USSR.
Brad Park was off-sides.
Orta was out.
Maradona scored with his hand.
Bettis called heads.
I mean, do we throw the flag on the coin toss?

It happens in every sport at every level.
Be mad.
Also, be glad you didn't bet the rent.
If you bet the rent, get help.

Go to work and complain.
Get online and complain.
But, don't expect that something will change.

If we are reviewing pass interference calls, we can review calls like that.  Not all calls but allow them to be challenged.  In the final 2 minutes review those calls just like they do all others.  Coaches, GMs, players jobs are on the lines here and failing them because of a bunch of bad calls is inexcusable.  Officials should be held accountable.  If it were a game or two, whatever.  But there is a long line of ridiculous calls that hold us back.  This one game can be the difference in the playoffs, homefield advantage, a bye week, or a coach getting/GM getting fired. 

• Like 2