Roster Review: Potential picks/trades/FA

sryan66611

No good place to put this, feel bad for Monken.  Went from possible elite play caller in NFL, responsibility stripped away by desperate HC.  Goes to another team, not given play calling duties, now bounced because HC was in over his head.  This time last yr, he was in the running to be an NFL HC, now back to an OC in college.  That really blows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

One thing I learned today.  Howard is never going to be close to Kelce.  If he thinks he can be, he is very misguided.  Howard s route running is just inferior 

One thing I learned this playoff is the Bucs could definitely use a better running game/scheme.

Watching the 49ers and Titans dominate was fun

• Like 2

Pretty sure @indifference will enjoy this video.  I was pleasantly surprised to see some throws from Teddy to the outside from the opposite hash.  I remember watching him play the Bucs in Tampa with the Vikings and he attempted a long pass and it looked like a pop fly.  It was ugly.  His arm strength is good enough to get around the field now.  Not elite, but with anticipation acceptable.

Kind of made sense why he wouldn t leave  NOLA for Miami last offseason.  First time HC with ok weapons on offense.  I think if the situation is right, he would leave NOLA rather then be back up to Brees again.  

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Pretty sure @indifference will enjoy this video.  I was pleasantly surprised to see some throws from Teddy to the outside from the opposite hash.  I remember watching him play the Bucs in Tampa with the Vikings and he attempted a long pass and it looked like a pop fly.  It was ugly.  His arm strength is good enough to get around the field now.  Not elite, but with anticipation acceptable.

Kind of made sense why he wouldn t leave  NOLA for Miami last offseason.  First time HC with ok weapons on offense.  I think if the situation is right, he would leave NOLA rather then be back up to Brees again.  

at Louisville Teddy last year he averaged 9.3 yards per attempt and completed over 70% of his passes. Jameis last year was 8.4 per attempt and 65%. I think he’d be fine here because he doesnt make many dumb decisions and his arm/mobility would work here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indifference said:

at Louisville Teddy last year he averaged 9.3 yards per attempt and completed over 70% of his passes. Jameis last year was 8.4 per attempt and 65%. I think he’d be fine here because he doesnt make many dumb decisions and his arm/mobility would work here. 

If they move on Jameis, I just can t see them going with a rookie QB.  He ll be QB3 or lower drafted in this draft.  I am an Eason fan, but my issue is they are about to have a lot of money tied up in the WR position.  The organization must ensure they get a QB to get them the ball.  Most of the rest of the roster is in place to chalkenge the Saints for the division.  It makes more sense to use draft capital on those other positions.  

I could take myself into Brady, but at most that will only be for 2 yrs.   The FA QBs really just look like stop gaps including Dalton.  So they re drafting a QB.  I don t think Arians was lying saying Teddy is a starting QB in the league after the first Saints game. There is a lot to like about the Bucs if you re a QB.  You will chuck the ball a lot and down the field with 2 elite WRs.  

• Like 1