Roster Review: Potential picks/trades/FA

sryan66611

Saw on twitter a rough estimate that we might have around $17 mil left after some of these recent signings. Not sure how much a restructure with Brate or others would add but I’d really like Suh back. Looks like we might not have room for even Perriman or a vet CB... I think we can make up for the loss of Perriman in the draft but man if one of the 3 young CBs goes down we are screwed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Saw on twitter a rough estimate that we might have around $17 mil left after some of these recent signings. Not sure how much a restructure with Brate or others would add but I’d really like Suh back. Looks like we might not have room for even Perriman or a vet CB... I think we can make up for the loss of Perriman in the draft but man if one of the 3 young CBs goes down we are screwed.

I think Stewart is cut this year. We may have to draft a cb in r3-r4.

21 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Dallas is getting close to signing DT Dontaro Poe. This is significant, as Dallas was one of the real teams thus far to be kicking the tires on signing Suh...

Suh is a mercinary, and I have no problem with Suh going to the highest.  The GMC didn t have a lot of guaranteed money.  I would expect Suh around 7.5 million for one season.  

I expect David to be extended to add more cap room.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Suh is a mercinary, and I have no problem with Suh going to the highest.  The GMC didn t have a lot of guaranteed money.  I would expect Suh around 7.5 million for one season.  

I expect David to be extended to add more cap room.

Glad to see someone agrees with me on Suh! I got a lot of push back on here earlier this offseason when I said he's been a mercenary his whole career and doubted we'd be able to being back all 3 (Barrett, JPP and Suh). Was more than willing to let Suh walk...

I like the guy and he's still a stout run defender, but not at his likely pricetag. I'd rather draft a 3-4 DE, or get one of these veterans who are a bit younger still out there in FA for the same price or a little less...

9 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Glad to see someone agrees with me on Suh! I got a lot of push back on here earlier this offseason when I said he's been a mercenary his whole career and doubted we'd be able to being back all 3 (Barrett, JPP and Suh). Was more than willing to let Suh walk...

I like the guy and he's still a stout run defender, but not at his likely pricetag. I'd rather draft a 3-4 DE, or get one of these veterans who are a bit younger still out there in FA for the same price or a little less...

In fairness, most players are mercs. just guys like Suh and Revls knew how to play the free agent game.  I do want Suh back because without that interior defensive push Barrett and JPP are not racking up the sacks.  Suh and Vea both deserve credit for doing their job and allowing others to benefit.  GMC had better stats last season, but I don t think he was a better DT last season then Suh.  

With it being such an unusual offseason, I do think the safer play is to resign your own FAs if they can play.  Heck. they brought in locker room cancers like Baker and DJax in a normal FA period.  So even harder to figure out how a guy will react after signing his contract.    I would resign Suh and draft a DT personally.

Suh is replaceable. I do want him back but im not losing any sleep if he goes elsewhere. That being said Bucs have made it publicly known they want to keep Suh. Once they figure out the logistics to fill in rest of our needs im sure Suh takes a 1-2 year deal here. I cannot imagine him not wanting to play on a brady lead Bucs team.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, indifference said:

Suh is replaceable. I do want him back but im not losing any sleep if he goes elsewhere. That being said Bucs have made it publicly known they want to keep Suh. Once they figure out the logistics to fill in rest of our needs im sure Suh takes a 1-2 year deal here. I cannot imagine him not wanting to play on a brady lead Bucs team.

Agreed

Getting Suh back keeps the chemistry going and we already had the best rush D in the league last year 

Getting Suh also allows us to go OL in the first unquestionably 

• Like 1

I was just thinking. I think everyone can agree the consensus is we're a playoff team at least this year. Which means the draft pick will be in the later part. Making it much harder to draft a good future QB. 

I'd hate to take one this year, but with Brady, we're probably never gonna get another high draft pick to get a stud QB. 

22 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I was just thinking. I think everyone can agree the consensus is we're a playoff team at least this year. Which means the draft pick will be in the later part. Making it much harder to draft a good future QB. 

I'd hate to take one this year, but with Brady, we're probably never gonna get another high draft pick to get a stud QB. 

Yea

But the crop of QBs isn't all that great

There are only a few I'd even consider

Like for example;

If Tua fell to 14 id have to think about it

Love in the 2nd id do

Eason in the 2nd id consider

maybe Hurts in the 3rd or 4th 

and then James Morgan in the 4th or 5th  and that's it 

Unless you want to throw a flier on Cole McDonald late 

So it just depends

31 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Yea

But the crop of QBs isn't all that great

There are only a few I'd even consider

Like for example;

If Tua fell to 14 id have to think about it

Love in the 2nd id do

Eason in the 2nd id consider

maybe Hurts in the 3rd or 4th 

and then James Morgan in the 4th or 5th  and that's it 

Unless you want to throw a flier on Cole McDonald late 

So it just depends

Then we might as well wait for next year if we're thinking of a later round pick. 

I guess I'm just thinking if a good one slips this year. Like Herbert or Tua. Although I want no part of Tua. And Love in the 2nd?? Isn't he a lock for a top 20 pick?

Question for you guys, I'm working on a 4 round NFL mock and I'm completely stuck at 14 with the way I have the board falling. None of the big 4 tackles are left (leaving Josh Jones as the best OT available) and I've still got both Justin Herbert and Jordan Love on the board as well as all three of the big 3 RBs (Swift would be dynamic in year one with Brady). I'd really like your input on what to do at 14.

Best Available
Justin Herbert, Jordan Love
Josh Jones, Austin Jackson, Isaiah Wilson, Lucas Niang, Ezra Cleveland
Javon Kinlaw
K'Lavon Chaisson
CJ Henderson, Kristian Fulton
Justin Jefferson, Denzel Mims, Tee Higgins, Jalen Reagor
Xavier McKinney, Grant Delpit
D'Andre Swift, JK Dobbins, Jonathan Taylor

• Like 1