Roster Review: Potential picks/trades/FA

sryan66611

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I still chuckle at the notion that BA is too old to draft a rookie QB.  Today, nutrition and medicine are never better, yet a coach who is 67 has one foot in the grave for some.  Never mind that hoodie and Carroll are just as old and havr no intention of slowing down.

To be fair, neither guy has had health issues to the extent BA has.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

To be fair, neither guy has had health issues to the extent BA has.

I think the health issue was resolved the day he signed the contract.  Could something change just like all of us?  Sure.  The gist of the argument is that he won t have enough time to develop a rookie QB, which I find ridiculous.  Remember one of BA s goals is to set up his coaches with opportunities for advancement.  Him bailing after 1 or 2 yrs severely hampers that goal.  I expect him here a minimum of 3 yrs.

12 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think the health issue was resolved the day he signed the contract.  Could something change just like all of us?  Sure.  The gist of the argument is that he won t have enough time to develop a rookie QB, which I find ridiculous.  Remember one of BA s goals is to set up his coaches with opportunities for advancement.  Him bailing after 1 or 2 yrs severely hampers that goal.  I expect him here a minimum of 3 yrs.

BA's goals have (by all accounts) always been to win and to develop the next wave of coaches.

I don't expect him to one and done either. But his health has to always be in the back of his mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I still chuckle at the notion that BA is too old to draft a rookie QB.  Today, nutrition and medicine are never better, yet a coach who is 67 has one foot in the grave for some.  Never mind that hoodie and Carroll are just as old and havr no intention of slowing down.

The kid from Washington might be worth a stab round 1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2860141-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-let-the-teddy-bridgewater-sweepstakes-begin

Not a surprise on the proposed price tag on Teddy. Spend this kind of money on a Qb,  going to be almost impossible to add a fourth olineman in FA making over 10 million, considering Barrett is going nowhere and they have to resign at least one of Nassib or JPP. 

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2860141-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-let-the-teddy-bridgewater-sweepstakes-begin

Not a surprise on the proposed price tag on Teddy. Spend this kind of money on a Qb,  going to be almost impossible to add a fourth olineman in FA making over 10 million, considering Barrett is going nowhere and they have to resign at least one of Nassib or JPP. 

We just saw Cousins get a fully guaranteed contract on the open market. QBs get whatever they want, as long as they aren't bad.

Whatever Teddy gets, I would assume it'll follow the outline Cousins created.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We just saw Cousins get a fully guaranteed contract on the open market. QBs get whatever they want, as long as they aren't bad.

Whatever Teddy gets, I would assume it'll follow the outline Cousins created.

Three possible options, I 'll give you or anyone to answer

Option 1 - sign Teddy 3 yrs @ 90 million, all guaranteed, similar to Cousins.  Yup, high cap, but you got your guy all your draft capital to fill needs on the roster

Option 2- trade a 4th for Dalton, 1 yr @ 17 million.  Not long term answer, good chance have to use a lot of draft capital to get the QB of the future.  Other holes on roster probably hard to fill this draft. Or keep draft capital and hope to get QB in following

Option 3- resign Fitz, 1 yr @ 12 million,  no picks given up to get him, but still same questions in draft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Three possible options, I 'll give you or anyone to answer

Option 1 - sign Teddy 3 yrs @ 90 million, all guaranteed, similar to Cousins.  Yup, high cap, but you got your guy all your draft capital to fill needs on the roster

Option 2- trade a 4th for Dalton, 1 yr @ 17 million.  Not long term answer, good chance have to use a lot of draft capital to get the QB of the future.  Other holes on roster probably hard to fill this draft. Or keep draft capital and hope to get QB in following

Option 3- resign Fitz, 1 yr @ 12 million,  no picks given up to get him, but still same questions in draft.

I wouldn't want Teddy even if it's for less money...  I just feel he is being masked by a great offensive coach and team.   He is going to get exposed once he goes to another team.   I hope I'm wrong tbh because the crap he's been through would be nice to see him succeed.

I am pretty sure they will cut Dalton in the offseason so I would take that route w/o giving up the 4th and if the Bucs had to give up a late-round draft pick that would be fine I guess.

• Like 1