Roster Review: Potential picks/trades/FA

sryan66611

8 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

come on lol the dude is almost 40 , yeah you wouldnt want him doing that now but that is just because you have to manage the guy at his age, but even then his deep ball is more accurate than Jameis ever was

No doubt. His age definitely plays a factor, but it doesn't change the fact. His arm strength is limited and that hampers his accuracy on deep balls...

He never had the strongest arm to begin with, but it's gotten worse with age and it's definitely noticeable on deeper throws...

Brady has the same issue...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

No doubt. His age definitely plays a factor, but it doesn't change the fact. His arm strength is limited and that hampers his accuracy on deep balls...

He never had the strongest arm to begin with, but it's gotten worse with age and it's definitely noticeable on deeper throws...

Brady has the same issue...

Aye.

Both guys have RBs that get a ton of catches every week. It's an extension of the run game. But it's also because both guys can't handle the physical stress of winding up and throwing so far with such power so many times every week.

It's a bit different from pitching. But a similar concept. Take your shots. But have a 'pitch count' for how often you take your shots. Just enough to keep defenses honest.

Jags announce Foles as the starting QB when he's back from his injury. Now's the time to make a trade for Minchew. Talk about a cheap option with potential. I'd do a 2nd for him over a 1st for any college QB right now. Use the 1st on something else. He's only had a couple bad games. So far. 

30 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Jags announce Foles as the starting QB when he's back from his injury. Now's the time to make a trade for Minchew. Talk about a cheap option with potential. I'd do a 2nd for him over a 1st for any college QB right now. Use the 1st on something else. He's only had a couple bad games. So far. 

If that's the prerequisite, we already have a QB.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

He ll be 30 in the offseason, probably will sign a 1 yr prove it deal.

Some decent guys coming up on FA I dunno who will/won't be resigned but here's some guys that could potentially be available.   I think the best options are Jimmy Smith, Bradley Roby, Ronald Darby, and Trae Waynes, Byron Jones.   I really like Trae for some reason even though he doesn't shine he is pretty solid.  Byron Jones would be nice but I think he will get too much $$.

Chris Harris Jr.  Den

Jimmy Smith  Bal  (injury concerns)

Bradley Roby Hou (probably resigned they are thin at the position)

Ronald Darby Phi (injury concerns)

Darqueze Dennard Cin

Eli Apple NO

Jason Verrett SF (injury concerns)

Trae Waynes Min

Brian Poole Nyj

Marcus Peters Bal (don't think he fits Bowles scheme)

Byron Jones Dal (would be a good fit IMO)

Machkensie Alexander Min  (hes kinda short and plays mainly slot afaik)

James Bradberry Car (yea hes probably resigned)

Edited by sryan66611
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

:D  pretty much this..   

Also the trade deadline has also come and gone so it's a forgone conclusion.   I think it starts back up in March?  could be wrong I dunno.

Yeah not right now obviously... Wait until we see what draft pick we have, and how the other QB prospects look. Maybe even do the trade during the draft. 

10 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Oh yeah, now you re talking.  Walk away from VHIII tjat 17 to 18 million price tag, not so bad

Byron Jones should get around $10-12M, I'd think. His numbers aren't super flashy but he's consistent. Would be ~$5M less than the proposed trades for Ramsey/PP. As well as saving the draft picks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Byron Jones should get around $10-12M, I'd think. His numbers aren't super flashy but he's consistent. Would be ~$5M less than the proposed trades for Ramsey/PP. As well as saving the draft picks.

You think thats about all he's going to get in the open market?   I think it would be closer to 15-17 IMO   Only reason is that he is the top CB in the FA.  I would definitely take him for the 10-12

9 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I hope you re right, but 2 yrs ago Bouye got 13 million in FA from the Jags with less of a resume.  26 million guaranteed.