Roster Review: Potential picks/trades/FA

sryan66611

7 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Have you watched Gurley this season??    I mean yea hes prolly better than what we have but he is a bit slower and just doesn't have that cutting ability he use to have.   He still has the power in a straight line but I dunno if its worth it.

Also about Gurley someone in another post said his contract is horrendous and they don't have an out until 2021 and even then it will cost them some cap space.  I thought they were smarter and had an out in about 2-3 years but guess not.

yea i get it but thats why i said cheap

bad contract, gurley isnt the same BOOM 4th round pick lol

like u said hes better than what we have

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

yea i get it but thats why i said cheap

bad contract, gurley isnt the same BOOM 4th round pick lol

like u said hes better than what we have

Fair enough but realistically we aren't getting Gurley for cheap without taking on that contract.   Then who knows whats going on with his workload...  I'd assume Rams would play him more if he was able to.

We may be able to get Melvin Gordon for a decent price but we would have to pay him as well :(

1 minute ago, sryan66611 said:

Fair enough but realistically we aren't getting Gurley for cheap without taking on that contract.   Then who knows whats going on with his workload...  I'd assume Rams would play him more if he was able to.

We may be able to get Melvin Gordon for a decent price but we would have to pay him as well :(

lol bro im not even worried

if we got gurley guess what would happen....PEYTON BARBER TIME lmao 

no idk

Gordon would cost more than gurley so im out

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Rav s 2 scenerios on how to handle the Qb posituon 

Option 1- In totality, Winston s play warrants a multi yr extension

Option 2- Sign Fitzmagic, and draft future QB, even if it costs 2 1st rounders plus.  I would rather have Fitz as the bridge then Gabbert.

Lol you know what...

I like it 

I'm all about the Fitzmagic baby

He can produce and be like carson palmer at the end of his career with BA

• Like 1

I'd rather sign Dalton as our veteran if we go that route. The Bengals can free up almost $18M by cutting him and there's no reason they shouldn't. They're gonna get one of the top two QBs in the draft.

Signing him over Jameis would save us ~$10M off the top. Then go balls out for a QB.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'd rather sign Dalton as our veteran if we go that route. The Bengals can free up almost $18M by cutting him and there's no reason they shouldn't. They're gonna get one of the top two QBs in the draft.

Signing him over Jameis would save us ~$10M off the top. Then go balls out for a QB.

I like Dalton only problem would be how he would fit in this system...  I know he doesn't have the strongest arm.  Hes smart though and would definitely take care of the ball better than Jameis.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Hey this would be a good option too

Now I'm getting excited

38 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I like Dalton only problem would be how he would fit in this system...  I know he doesn't have the strongest arm.  Hes smart though and would definitely take care of the ball better than Jameis.

Honestly, of we lose BA (to retirement), Bowles (to a HCing gig), and Licht (because Jameis was a bust and it's doubtful he survives three HCs) in the same offseason, we're starting everything all over again anyway.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Honestly, of we lose BA (to retirement), Bowles (to a HCing gig), and Licht (because Jameis was a bust and it's doubtful he survives three HCs) in the same offseason, we're starting everything all over again anyway.

might be best for all parties to be honest

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don t mind the idea, Dalton has been viewed more as a safe thrower then Fitz.  I m assuming BA returns, so it s more scheme fit.  In theory, the bridge QB will not play 16 games.  Fitz has more ability to just get on fire and play at a Pro Bowl level for a few games.  

Dalton is the definition of a game manager.  I just don t know how appealing he would be to an offensive minded coach.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, indifference said:

Im down just as long as we get Licht outta here. Guy is a below average GM, we deserve better!!!

Eh. He does a great job at getting the guys the coaches want.

Waiting five years for Jameis to turn it around seems to have screwed over everyone who has been part of this team the last five years.

And barring a miraculous turnaround, it's gonna cost him his job too.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Eh. He does a great job at getting the guys the coaches want.

Waiting five years for Jameis to turn it around seems to have screwed over everyone who has been part of this team the last five years.

And barring a miraculous turnaround, it's gonna cost him his job too.

It is interesting to reminisce when Lovie was fired, there were 3 candidates interviewed- Koetter, Goodwin, and McDermott.  Sometimes I wonder what could have been with McDermott.