Roster Review: Potential picks/trades/FA

sryan66611

8 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Eh. He does a great job at getting the guys the coaches want.

Waiting five years for Jameis to turn it around seems to have screwed over everyone who has been part of this team the last five years.

And barring a miraculous turnaround, it's gonna cost him his job too.

Yeah... exactly what I've been saying for 5 years.... Lol... well no, it's not funny.

34 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Yeah... exactly what I've been saying for 5 years.... Lol... well no, it's not funny.

And he's always shown enough to warrant holding out hope. But he's played out his entire rookie contract now. And nothing has changed; high highs and LOW lows.

Unless BA has health issues, I believe there is zero chance he won t be back.  Maybe I m naive.  

Now I can see the Glazers favoring a new GM.  I can see Licht getting a "promotion".  Make no mistake, the decision today and going forward on the Qb position is Arian s to make.  I don t see the Glazers interfering in that decision at all.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

And he's always shown enough to warrant holding out hope. But he's played out his entire rookie contract now. And nothing has changed; high highs and LOW lows.

I actually thought it would be more off field issues with his career that would screw us. He's actually turned out worse on the field, than I thought. 

11 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Unless BA has health issues, I believe there is zero chance he won t be back.  Maybe I m naive.  

Now I can see the Glazers favoring a new GM.  I can see Licht getting a "promotion".  Make no mistake, the decision today and going forward on the Qb position is Arian s to make.  I don t see the Glazers interfering in that decision at all.  

I agree. BA is an ole ball coach that can’t get away and just wants to win. If he thought this team was crap that couldn’t win he wouldn’t of come here, Licht or Jameis or not. I think he knows if we had better QB play with less catastrophic decisions we’d win some games. Just depends on if he wants a rookie or vet. Hope it’s a rookie.. good coaching can do wonders for a rookie.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I actually thought it would be more off field issues with his career that would screw us. He's actually turned out worse on the field, than I thought. 

And that’s the crazy thing. 4 TD 400 yards passing and almost perfect QB rating one week and then 5 turnovers the next. How does that happen, regularly?! Maybe I’m naive but has there been another QB like this in recent memory?

43 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

And that’s the crazy thing. 4 TD 400 yards passing and almost perfect QB rating one week and then 5 turnovers the next. How does that happen, regularly?! Maybe I’m naive but has there been another QB like this in recent memory?

Fitz!

Yeah that's a good question though. There were just always excuses for Jameis. 

-His shoulder is hurt

-O-line sucks

-Offensive coordinator sucks

-Too many different coordinators

-Head coach sucks

-Who's gonna be able to run an offense with a defense this bad?

I'm probably forgetting a bunch more right now. I mean it's getting to the point where we needed a top 5 defense, pro bowl caliber O-line, Bill belichick, all pro WR's, top 5 RB. THEN, JAMEIS WILL FLOURISH. 

BA will not be at fault for not being able to "fix" Jameis. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Eh. He does a great job at getting the guys the coaches want.

Waiting five years for Jameis to turn it around seems to have screwed over everyone who has been part of this team the last five years.

And barring a miraculous turnaround, it's gonna cost him his job too.

His drafting is terrible. His record is all on Licht. He drafted a K R2, drafted horrible DBs, and neglected the OL after 2015 in draft capital. He is the biggest reason why we cant turn things around. 

Just now, indifference said:

His drafting is terrible. His record is all on Licht. He drafted a K R2, drafted horrible DBs, and neglected the OL after 2015 in draft capital. He is the biggest reason why we cant turn things around. 

His job is getting the players the coaches want. He's not coaching and scheming. He's giving the coaches as much as he can and letting them do their thing.

And if I remember correctly, the Glazers made the call on the Aguayo pick.

Interesting the Bucs are still ranked 5th in the entire league in scoring.  Look I kill Leftwich as much as anyone, but 5th is still impressive.  I know, but that was padded by the 55 against LA.  Well, how about the 2 TDs called back against SF or the Howard fumble   Should that count towards Leftwich s resume?

No what happens to Wimston, I have zero interest in blowing up this coaching staff at the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Interesting the Bucs are still ranked 5th in the entire league in scoring.  Look I kill Leftwich as much as anyone, but 5th is still impressive.  I know, but that was padded by the 55 against LA.  Well, how about the 2 TDs called back against SF or the Howard fumble   Should that count towards Leftwich s resume?

No what happens to Wimston, I have zero interest in blowing up this coaching staff at the end of the season.

Agreed on staff. You have to give them more than 1 year to fully implement their system and turnover the roster personnel to fit that. I don't think coaching on any level is an issue so far...

I want some stability going forward. It's best for the players too...

This roster depth continues to be the biggest detriment. We have some high end stars and a lot of bottom end talent. We're missing those core guys that aren't stars, but are solid starting caliber players at key spots...

• Like 1