Roster Review: Potential picks/trades/FA

sryan66611

1 hour ago, sryan66611 said:

I wouldn't want Teddy even if it's for less money...  I just feel he is being masked by a great offensive coach and team.   He is going to get exposed once he goes to another team.   I hope I'm wrong tbh because the crap he's been through would be nice to see him succeed.

I am pretty sure they will cut Dalton in the offseason so I would take that route w/o giving up the 4th and if the Bucs had to give up a late-round draft pick that would be fine I guess.

Would there be a number where you would go Teddy?  Brisset got a 2 yr extension worth 30 million total as a possible parameter.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Would there be a number where you would go Teddy?  Brisset got a 2 yr extension worth 30 million total as a possible parameter.

No, because I am thinking of Teddy as a bridge QB for the team and not someone who is a Franchise QB.  Realistically he is going to get decent money and a longer contract that I feel wouldn't be beneficial as a bridge QB.  I feel we should draft a QB and get someone like Dalton who can be a short-term starter for maybe a season.   Teddy will get a longer contract that could hamper the development of the team around our rookie.   Hypothetically speaking Yes I would take Teddy for a similar contract as Brisset 2 yr. 30 mil.

So the reason why I don't think Teddy is the solution is that he is very limited as a QB and was in a great system that kept him limited as a game manager which I feel is what he is.  So the average time to throw for Teddy is 2.82.   His average Completed Air Yards is 4.7 which is 5th lowest.  Intended Air Yards 6.2 - 2nd lowest only ahead of Luke Falk.  Longest completed air yards 45.4 which is 9th lowest.  Compare to Jameis who is 1st in Completed Air Yards at 8.5, 1st in Intended Air Yards 10.9 and his Longest completed air yards is  58.2.  The average time to throw for Jameis is 2.78.  This stats are to show how limited Teddy is/was and not to suggest Jameis is a better QB.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-completed-yards

Edited by sryan66611
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sryan66611 said:

No, because I am thinking of Teddy as a bridge QB for the team and not someone who is a Franchise QB.  Realistically he is going to get decent money and a longer contract that I feel wouldn't be beneficial as a bridge QB.  I feel we should draft a QB and get someone like Dalton who can be a short-term starter for maybe a season.   Teddy will get a longer contract that could hamper the development of the team around our rookie.   Hypothetically speaking Yes I would take Teddy for a similar contract as Brisset 2 yr. 30 mil.

So the reason why I don't think Teddy is the solution is that he is very limited as a QB and was in a great system that kept him limited as a game manager which I feel is what he is.  So the average time to throw for Teddy is 2.82.   His average Completed Air Yards is 4.7 which is 5th lowest.  Intended Air Yards 6.2 - 2nd lowest only ahead of Luke Falk.  Longest completed air yards 45.4 which is 9th lowest.  Compare to Jameis who is 1st in Completed Air Yards at 8.5, 1st in Intended Air Yards 10.9 and his Longest completed air yards is  58.2.  The average time to throw for Jameis is 2.78.  This stats are to show how limited Teddy is/was and not to suggest Jameis is a better QB.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-completed-yards

This is an excellent post.  It was so good, I have to rethink my offseason strategy of wanting the Bucs to try and pursue Teddy.  Good stuff!!

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Those are great numbers and data pull. Drew Brees numbers would be just as similar if he was not hurt. Does that mean Brees cannot play in Arians offense?

I wouldn't want Brees throwing 15+ yards down the field 15+ times a game. He does his best work with his accuracy closer to the LOS.

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Those are great numbers and data pull. Drew Brees numbers would be just as similar if he was not hurt. Does that mean Brees cannot play in Arians offense?

Yea but the difference is Drew Brees is at the end of his career and Teddy is in his prime.  Brees could play in Arian's offense but he wouldn't be effective IMO.  

22 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

No doubt. If people think Jameis deep ball is bad, watch Brees. He almost always underthrows his guys deep downfield...

come on lol the dude is almost 40 , yeah you wouldnt want him doing that now but that is just because you have to manage the guy at his age, but even then his deep ball is more accurate than Jameis ever was

Just now, sryan66611 said:

xD  Obviously...  I mean you are comparing a Hall of Famer to a bust (on the verge or whatever you want to claim him to be).

ok cool we are on the same page

the thing we need is a cerebral qb, just bc the system is what it is doesnt mean u cant take the underneath stuff, its all about reading it right and making the best decision and of that our current qb will never be able to do

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

ok cool we are on the same page

the thing we need is a cerebral qb, just bc the system is what it is doesnt mean u cant take the underneath stuff, its all about reading it right and making the best decision and of that our current qb will never be able to do

There isn't much in terms of "underneath stuff" in BA's offense. That's the point. He wants to push the ball down the field in chunks. You might remember those types of plays as explosives.

• Like 1