Roster Review: Potential picks/trades/FA

sryan66611

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I hope you re right, but 2 yrs ago Bouye got 13 million in FA from the Jags with less of a resume.  26 million guaranteed.

Bouye was also coming off an elite season.

Jones hasn't been as great this year as he has been the last few. Still good. But not quite as good.

15 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Byron Jones should get around $10-12M, I'd think. His numbers aren't super flashy but he's consistent. Would be ~$5M less than the proposed trades for Ramsey/PP. As well as saving the draft picks.

is Jones a realistic option? Dak is going to get his money but after do they have room to tag him is the question.

• 2 weeks later...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2836745-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-top-nfl-gm-candidates-2020-big-board-and-more

I found this article about top GM candidates.  It s going to be hard to bring back the entire regime at the end of the yr.

Licht, I think is the fall guy.  His salary won t stop the Glazers from moving on.  Whatever BA decides to do after that, who knows.  Who knows, but the Glazers have shown incredible loyalty to theie GMs.  They should be able to find a pool of candidates.  However, the power structure is laid out might change the candidates.  For example, when Lovie was hired he originally wanted Chris Ballard.  The power structure over personnel was with Lovie, not the GM.  In Indy, the power structure in personnel belongs to the GM.    There are pros and cons to any power structure in an organization.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a discussion about Dak a few weeks ago, paying the man hypothetically.  Not trying to be an arse, still feeling the same way?

My stance was back then, I wouldn t make him the highest paid QB with the cap hit and draft capital involved to acquire.  I woiuld trade for his oline, however.  👍👍👍

32 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

We had a discussion about Dak a few weeks ago, paying the man hypothetically.  Not trying to be an arse, still feeling the same way?

My stance was back then, I wouldn t make him the highest paid QB with the cap hit and draft capital involved to acquire.  I woiuld trade for his oline, however.  👍👍👍

He's a borderline top 10-12 QB. And he's gonna jump in those standings in a year or two with more experience and a bunch of retirements. So, yes.

• Like 1