Who gets fired first?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What happens at coaching?

• Freddie
    • Monken
    • Same Time
    • Neither

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, he had 20 TD’s and 0 picks last year in the red zone with the same guy calling plays.

If you think it’s all play design and play calling, man...

Well it ain’t happening this year. Hasn’t happened at all. Which is his problem he’s living in the past. You gotta play with 2019 Baker not 2018. And 2019 Baker is reckless and inaccurate in the red zone. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And there’s a reason teams pass inside the 20.... it’s hard as hell to run it.

Teams can stack the box as there’s no way to get beat “deep” as “deep” doesn’t exist on the 10.

I’m not saying you can’t run at all, but you need to be balanced inside the red zone just as you do any other spot on the field.

I get this I really do, but if we keep throwing picks missing out on points  and losing momentum those things kill us. You can’t keep losing points. It’s absolutely deflating 

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Well it ain’t happening this year. Hasn’t happened at all. Which is his problem he’s living in the past. You gotta play with 2019 Baker not 2018. And 2019 Baker is reckless and inaccurate in the red zone. 

You mean like he did after the bye?

First 6

2019-2019 CLE 6 6 112 198 86 56.57 1496 5 11 66.0 16 128 7.56 5.56 8 35 4.38

After the bye 

2019-2019 CLE 8 8 173 276 103 62.68 1860 12 6 87.8 18 117 6.74 6.63 14 73 5.21 2

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I get this I really do, but if we keep throwing picks missing out on points  and losing momentum those things kill us. You can’t keep losing points. It’s absolutely deflating 

I could be wrong on this, but I’m pretty sure Freddie isn’t drawing the play with the idea of throwing a pick.

Baker could take a sack, throw it away, etc. There have been multiple picks this year in the red zone off receivers hands as well, and that doesn’t have anything to do with either of them.

Your hatred for Freddie has put blinders on you broseph.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You mean like he did after the bye?

First 6

2019-2019 CLE 6 6 112 198 86 56.57 1496 5 11 66.0 16 128 7.56 5.56 8 35 4.38

After the bye 

2019-2019 CLE 8 8 173 276 103 62.68 1860 12 6 87.8 18 117 6.74 6.63 14 73 5.21 2

I could be wrong on this, but I’m pretty sure Freddie isn’t drawing the play with the idea of throwing a pick.

Baker could take a sack, throw it away, etc. There have been multiple picks this year in the red zone off receivers hands as well, and that doesn’t have anything to do with either of them.

Your hatred for Freddie has put blinders on you broseph.

I’m not sure what those numbers mean. If you could break them down for me cause I just don’t know which’s numbers go to what. 

and I’m just saying you guys are expecting too much out of Baker. Last year we played scrubs when he started balling out. Bengals twice really made him look better that what he really was. He beat a bad Falcons team a bad Denver team and a Panthers team that had a one armed Cam Newton. 

I think the 2018 Texans and Ravens version of Baker is the best representation of him both 3int games. He still can be good don’t get me wrong, but he’s not the Mahomes MVP guy that we thought he’d be. We are expecting too much too soon he’s reckless with the football right now that’s been proven consistently.

I mean he’s got ALOT of 3 interception games. Like it’s not like this kid is really responsible with the football or that accurate right now.  

you guys are expecting Baker to be the adult when Freddie should be saving him from himself right now.  

run the ball take the red zone points and expect your defense to force some turn overs before we expect Baker to not throw picks 

44 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’m not sure what those numbers mean. If you could break them down for me cause I just don’t know which’s numbers go to what. 

Is you serious brah?

games, games started, attempts, completions, incompletions, completion percentage, yards, TD, INT, rating, etc. like every other stat line in history.

and I’m just saying you guys are expecting too much out of Baker. Last year we played scrubs when he started balling out. Bengals twice really made him look better that what he really was. He beat a bad Falcons team a bad Denver team and a Panthers team that had a one armed Cam Newton. 

Agreed, we all overestimated where he was.  So did Freddie, hence the uber aggressiveness to start the year.

But he has adjusted and his numbers aren’t too far off most of last season since the bye.

I think the 2018 Texans and Ravens version of Baker is the best representation of him both 3int games. He still can be good don’t get me wrong, but he’s not the Mahomes MVP guy that we thought he’d be. We are expecting too much too soon he’s reckless with the football right now that’s been proven consistently.

Agreed, but I do think he can be elite. He’s just not there yet.

Like other 24 year old QB’s he needs help.

I mean he’s got ALOT of 3 interception games. Like it’s not like this kid is really responsible with the football or that accurate right now.  

I think you have to live with that at times.  

He’s a gunslinger and those are gonna happen.

He’s never gonna take a sack or throw it away if he thinks he can make a play.

you guys are expecting Baker to be the adult when Freddie should be saving him from himself right now.  

To start the year, yes, I agree, but a lot of these picks have just been bad throws or off hands.  Neither of which are Freddie’s fault.

run the ball take the red zone points and expect your defense to force some turn overs before we expect Baker to not throw picks 

In some situations, yes, but FG’s don’t win games.  You need TD’s.

@LETSGOBROWNIES

Field goals can win games if you combine that with a Chubb and Hunt

We need to be a run first team. That is true even in the red zone. 

get good at running the ball in the red zone. 

I’m not giving up on Baker, unless he keeps the same attitude he came into the year with. If he does that get used to mediocrity  

but I think this season has been a wake up call for the cocky mfer. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brownie man said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES

Field goals can win games if you combine that with a Chubb and Hunt

We need to be a run first team. That is true even in the red zone. 

get good at running the ball in the red zone. 

I’m not giving up on Baker, unless he keeps the same attitude he came into the year with. If he does that get used to mediocrity  

but I think this season has been a wake up call for the cocky mfer. 

I hope so.

He needs to get balls deep into a playbook this offseason and spend a lot of time with the receivers.

Timing and familiarity can’t be an issue next year.

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I hope so.

He needs to get balls deep into a playbook this offseason and spend a lot of time with the receivers.

Timing and familiarity can’t be an issue next year.

Might help, too, if he can learn how to read defenses, and be given the time by the HC calling the plays to do it.

7 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Might help, too, if he can learn how to read defenses, and be given the time by the HC calling the plays to do it.

Drives me made how long it takes the plays to come in. So many times Baker doesn’t have time to make adjustments or even really see how the D is lined up

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bruceb said:

You know what helps with reading a defense? Actually being given time to read a defense pre-snap. I wonder what the avg time is left on the playclock when the Browns actually snap the ball

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Drives me made how long it takes the plays to come in. So many times Baker doesn’t have time to make adjustments or even really see how the D is lined up

That delay of game after the kickoff had me steaming. That is Absolutely inexcusable 

this bull**** is getting ridiculous 

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

He's STATISTICALLY the worst

If you want to argue semantics, then so be it.

Let's all hope that's what it is. He's been nothing short of miserable this year, and that includes his awful mopey clownlike attitude.

Fact mayfield has more passing yards then mahomes at the same time in his career

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

He’s right lol it’s a bad argument but he’s right 

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Fact mayfield has more passing yards then mahomes at the same time in his career

Huh?

Mahomes didn't start his 1st year. Baker did. So, the way to equate their careers is to do a 1 to 1 comparison of their starts.

If we 1 to 1 their starts, Baker has started 27 games . Through 27 starts Baker has 6,880 yards passing

Through Patrick Mahomes' first 27 started games, he had 8,189 yards passing.

So, that means at the same point in their careers Patrick Mahomes threw for 1,309 more yards.

Not that yardage or whatever means anything at all; it's just saying Baker had more yards isn't accurate.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Huh?

Mahomes didn't start his 1st year. Baker did. So, the way to equate their careers is to do a 1 to 1 comparison of their starts.

If we 1 to 1 their starts, Baker has started 27 games . Through 27 starts Baker has 6,880 yards passing

Through Patrick Mahomes' first 27 started games, he had 8,189 yards passing.

So, that means at the same point in their careers Patrick Mahomes threw for 1,309 more yards.

Not that yardage or whatever means anything at all; it's just saying Baker had more yards isn't accurate.

What about TD/INT ratio. Thats what actually matters. If passing yards mattered Winston would look like a HOFer.

Edited by AkronsWitness