Who gets fired first?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What happens at coaching?

• Freddie
    • Monken
    • Same Time
    • Neither

9 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

oh no schemes and coaching were the BIGGEST problem in that game.  There were certainly a lot of problems, dropped balls, refs, play-calling, turnovers.  All of it was bad.  But the biggest issue was not knowing how to take advantage of being in the red-zone and clock management.

I think the turnover was the issue there.

You think Freddie designer that play to be thrown to the Seahawks?  I’m not certain, but I doubt.

At the very minimum the end of the first half was a 10 point swing.  They had 1 timeout left.  There was 1:36 left on the clock with 23 second on the play-clock.  2nd and goal at the 8. 

Imagine a scenario Freddie didn’t plan on turning it over right there.  Perhaps just scoring.  Or kicking a FG?

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You think Freddie designer that play to be thrown to the Seahawks?  I’m not certain, but I doubt.

Imagine a scenario Freddie didn’t plan on turning it over right there.  Perhaps just scoring.  Or kicking a FG?

I read he thinks the Browns are 3.75x better than every team in the NFL so he has designed a play or two every week to turn the ball over on purpose. 

• Like 1

LMAO...I cant believe some of the opinions in here.......

Folks are getting mad because a first time rookie HC has LOOKED LIKE A FIRST YEAR HC......he has been improving every week IMO, and has not been bad coaching....The only issue I had with him yesterday was we should have been content to take 7 or 3 points and run out the end of the half.

We lost by 4 points to a team that is considered a SB contender coming out of the NFC West. And we had Mutiple TO's in the redzone yesterday.

I've seen this offense evolving over the past couple of weeks...he got the ball the becham.....after week 3 I've seen him incorporate and implement a very nice screen game. He is dealing with injuries and suspensions to starting TE, Oline and WR's and RB's, a nicked up QB......

Did us loosing by 4 points.....with the 6 drops by WR's, TE's and RB's? Including a drop that lead directly to INT (and OBJ you had 3 of them)......or did Freddie get the WR to run the wrong route on Bakers 2nd INT, did Freddie screw up the blocking on the blocked punt.....did Freddie cause Nick Chubb to Fumble.....or is Freddie also responsible for the Phantom Calls the ref's made, or missed (Landry TD)....did Freddie Miss the Extra Point?

I am all for placing blame where blame is due.....Freddie messed up the end of the 2nd half attempting to be greedy for points (with the momentum of the game at the time and the way our D was playing, I appreciate his Situational Aggressiveness....I personally would have thought going up 23-6 going into the half at home, with my D playing VERY well would be how I would have done it. But I am a Marty Schotenheimer, Mike Zimmer conservative type of Coach.

Can Freddie correct some of the errors......I think he is trying, he has a REALLY young team with a LOT of IMPORTED veteran talent, hes's in his first year, and meshing a coaching staff that has 2-3 potential or former HC's, a ton of talent with potentially volatile attitudes, dealing with injuries (Njoku. Kirsky, 3/4 of the starting 2ndary etc), dealing with Suspensions, dealing with some of the $#!TY Reffing that I can remember in the NFL, dealing with multiple Soph slumps......all while calling play's.....I personally think for all he is having to deal with Freddie is definitely having some Growing Pains...but with all that said, I think he is doing a very solid job....and its improving from week to week.... 

Edited by DaWg_LB.
Thanks for the Correction...we lost by 4 points, not 5
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

though I appreciate you trying to dumb it down significantly there you did a good job completely missing the point.

its not about the play run or the interception.  Its about clock management and not waiting the 23 second for the clock to run down before the play was run.

It wasn't that we turned the ball over, its that even if we scored a touchdown we were still giving them the ball back and 1:36 on the clock which there was just no reason for.

Run the same play for all I care, just ya know....23 seconds later....

Personally I would have run the ball to either make them use their timeout or waist more time, but its not the play or the execution that was the problem, it was terrible clock management...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

LMAO...I cant believe some of the opinions in here.......

Folks are getting mad because a first time rookie HC has LOOKED LIKE A FIRST YEAR HC......he has been improving every week IMO, and has not been bad coaching....The only issue I had with him yesterday was we should have been content to take 7 or 3 points and run out the end of the half.

We lost by 5 points to a team that is considered a SB contender coming out of the NFC West. And we had Mutiple TO's in the redzone yesterday.

I've seen this offense evolving over the past couple of weeks...he got the ball the becham.....after week 3 I've seen him incorporate and implement a very nice screen game. He is dealing with injuries and suspensions to starting TE, Oline and WR's and RB's, a nicked up QB......

Did us loosing by 5 points.....with the 6 drops by WR's, TE's and RB's? Including a drop that lead directly to INT (and OBJ you had 3 of them)......or did Freddie get the WR to run the wrong route on Bakers 2nd INT, did Freddie screw up the blocking on the blocked punt.....did Freddie cause Nick Chubb to Fumble.....or is Freddie also responsible for the Phantom Calls the ref's made, or missed (Landry TD)....did Freddie Miss the Extra Point?

I am all for placing blame where blame is due.....Freddie messed up the end of the 2nd half attempting to be greedy for points (with the momentum of the game at the time and the way our D was playing, I appreciate his Situational Aggressiveness....I personally would have thought going up 23-6 going into the half at home, with my D playing VERY well would be how I would have done it. But I am a Marty Schotenheimer, Mike Zimmer conservative type of Coach.

Can Freddie correct some of the errors......I think he is trying, he has a REALLY young team with a LOT of IMPORTED veteran talent, hes's in his first year, and meshing a coaching staff that has 2-3 potential or former HC's, a ton of talent with potentially volatile attitudes, dealing with injuries (Njoku. Kirsky, 3/4 of the starting 2ndary etc), dealing with Suspensions, dealing with some of the $#!TY Reffing that I can remember in the NFL, dealing with multiple Soph slumps......all while calling play's.....I personally think for he is having to deal with Freddie is definitely having some Growing Pains...but with all that said, I think he is doing a very solid job....and its improving from week to week.... 

Listen you can pat the team on the back all you want, and that's fine, I'm glad you are able to see the silver lining.
I just don't like that its okay in a first year of coaching that we can make fundamental football mistakes.  I'm not happy with the playcalling, I'm not happy that running the ball in the first half worked really well so we threw more in the second half.  all that is what it is.  It the inability to know that we want the clock to run in the redzone with 1:36 left.  Everyone in the stadium knew we should have run the clock down, except for the guy getting paid to coach the team or our QB?  That I don't understand....

• Like 1

Couple things I'd like to point out also........The ABOMINATION of penalties we had the first two weeks......I think that has been improving every since the Baltimore game....there were SEVERAL phantom calls yesterday....NOTHING can be done about the HORRIFIC refereeing this year...I think they should start to fire more Ref's. That is on coaching...I think Chubb has been uses more....after week 3 there has been an incorporation and implementation of nice screen game, we've run the Ball More, and the Blocking Scheme has been modified (we didnt give up sack yesterday). This is all stuff that Freddie can control.......

Having a punt blocked inside your 20, having an INT in the endzone and having a Fumble by your star runningback in the Red Zone....and having a missed extra point......and loosing by 4 ponints. Is something Freddie CANNOT control....

The team was also in and out of the huddle yesterday MUCH better.....I know vs SF we had 2/3 delay of game penalties AND burned 1 first half and 1 2nd half TO trying to avoid the Delay of game.....Didnt see any of that yesterday.....this type of improvement is on Kitchens.

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

though I appreciate you trying to dumb it down significantly there you did a good job completely missing the point.

its not about the play run or the interception.  Its about clock management and not waiting the 23 second for the clock to run down before the play was run.

It wasn't that we turned the ball over, its that even if we scored a touchdown we were still giving them the ball back and 1:36 on the clock which there was just no reason for.

Run the same play for all I care, just ya know....23 seconds later....

Personally I would have run the ball to either make them use their timeout or waist more time, but its not the play or the execution that was the problem, it was terrible clock management...

He said he was being aggressive and wanted the ball back again, which is what you said you wanted right?  Aggressive?

So aggressive, “like he’s not trying to protect his job” aggressive, but only as long as it works?  

Which is it?  

Yeah I understand what Freddie was trying to do at the end of the first half... I just don't agree with it. I'd rather eat up the clock and run the ball to make sure that Seattle doesn't get the ball back, especially when they were getting the ball to start the second half. Even if running the ball meant you weren't able to score a TD, settling for a FG there wouldn't have been the worst outcome.

Like I said, that's really my only major gripe with Freddie about the game. Other than that, I hardly see how this loss is his fault. I thought he called a good game overall. We had no problem moving up and down the field offensively - we just kept shooting ourselves in the foot (along with the refs screwing us over, but whatever). We've started to run the ball more and went no huddle a lot, which is when Baker is at his best. I've been critical of Freddie all year but I really don't see how this loss is on him. He wasn't perfect, but he certainly wasn't the reason we lost the game.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He said he was being aggressive and wanted the ball back again, which is what you said you wanted right?  Aggressive?

So aggressive, “like he’s not trying to protect his job” aggressive, but only as long as it works?  

Which is it?  

wanted the ball back again in the first half?

Aggressive on 4th and 3 at the 40 is aggressive.

Giving the opposing team the ball back with 1:36 left, 1 timeout, and they get the ball to start the second half is stupid.

There's a difference between aggressive and stupid.  Most of the NFL understands that.

But you're clearly going to just argue to argue, so I'll see myself out...

• Like 1

Listen you can pat the team on the back all you want, and that's fine, I'm glad you are able to see the silver lining.
I just don't like that its okay in a first year of coaching that we can make fundamental football mistakes.  I'm not happy with the playcalling, I'm not happy that running the ball in the first half worked really well so we threw more in the second half.  all that is what it is.  It the inability to know that we want the clock to run in the redzone with 1:36 left.  Everyone in the stadium knew we should have run the clock down, except for the guy getting paid to coach the team or our QB?  That I don't understand....

LOL.....Not patting the team on the back.....just stating the facts.

Our first time, first year HC has made some bad calls......I guess Bill Belicheck started out 16-0 and made perfect calls out the gate....(no he was actually 6-10 and had his clock management skills questioned). I am saying lets give him time.....I have already stated my reasons of tangible improvement with Kitchens and his coaching staff....I see growth from the HC, and Growth from a young team (who has been missing 3/4 of its starting secondary and WR/TE (HIggins, Callaway and Njoku) combo for 3/4 of the seasons so far).

IF you want to take that as me trying to sugar coat a silver lining and not holding people accountable for they are accountable for. Then I don't know what to say...you think the play call has been bad....I have seen it improve over the weeks, as well as having new wrinkles added.

I hold people accountable....but only for what they are accountable for....I dont start hot taking and piling on stuff that is not that persons fault.

I also expect a Rookie to look like......well...a Rookie. I expect growing pains...

8 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

LOL.....Not patting the team on the back.....just stating the facts.

Our first time, first year HC has made some bad calls......I guess Bill Belicheck started out 16-0 and made perfect calls out the gate....(no he was actually 6-10 and had his clock management skills questioned). I am saying lets give him time.....I have already stated my reasons of tangible improvement with Kitchens and his coaching staff....I see growth from the HC, and Growth from a young team (who has been missing 3/4 of its starting secondary and WR/TE (HIggins, Callaway and Njoku) combo for 3/4 of the seasons so far).

IF you want to take that as me trying to sugar coat a silver lining and not holding people accountable for they are accountable for. Then I don't know what to say...you think the play call has been bad....I have seen it improve over the weeks, as well as having new wrinkles added.

I hold people accountable....but only for what they are accountable for....I dont start hot taking and piling on stuff that is not that persons fault.

I also expect a Rookie to look like......well...a Rookie. I expect growing pains...

I understand that.  I'm tired of hearing we only lost by 4 so we should be proud so that is my immediate reaction.

I expect rookie mistakes, calling a timeout at the wrong time, challenging a play that doesn't even get you a first down, that kinda thing.

And listen, I'm not saying we should fire Kitchens.  I think he should get 3 years to figure it out.

That being said I am disappointing.  I know hes a rookie coach but I just ones that makes decisions that make sense.

I am rooting for him and CERTAINLY hoping he does figure it out.  We have improved as the year has gone along!  Just yesterdays game was SOOO aggravating, it just felt like we are stuck here as browns fans in an endless loop of dumb decisions that keep us from winning games we should win...

43 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I understand that.  I'm tired of hearing we only lost by 4 so we should be proud so that is my immediate reaction.

I expect rookie mistakes, calling a timeout at the wrong time, challenging a play that doesn't even get you a first down, that kinda thing.

And listen, I'm not saying we should fire Kitchens.  I think he should get 3 years to figure it out.

That being said I am disappointing.  I know hes a rookie coach but I just ones that makes decisions that make sense.

I am rooting for him and CERTAINLY hoping he does figure it out.  We have improved as the year has gone along!  Just yesterdays game was SOOO aggravating, it just felt like we are stuck here as browns fans in an endless loop of dumb decisions that keep us from winning games we should win...

No doubt...first and foremost Bro, let me tell you I am with you.....I am never happy with any loss...I dont care if it was loosing by 1 point in the Browns vs the Assembled Heavenly Hosts (I mean you got your Cherubim and Seraphim...the whole 9) I would be pissed off. 

And reading the rest of your post....I see that we may see things a lil different, but at the end of the day were saying the same thing. And we both just want a winner!!!!

And I too yesterday was about to have a heart attack, with the Ref's Phantom calls, and Missed IReplay calls, the blocked Punt, the dropped pass handed to the defense, the fumble in the redzone and the pick in the Endzone....I was looking like dude of SNL skit from back in the day.....

y6bafg9zmbl11.gif

P.S.: For the Younger Brothers in here who never saw these skits......take your time a check a few.....they hold up to this day....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9NO24hbe8Q

Edited by DaWg_LB.