Who gets fired first?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What happens at coaching?

• Freddie
    • Monken
    • Same Time
    • Neither

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Are we talking about our head coach or our quarterback here?

I’m talking about those same principles and putting hem toward our HC

im not giving up on Baker but he NEEDS GOOD COACHING 

he’s not getting it and the longer he goes without good coaching the worse he’s going to be and the more dysfunctional our offense is going to become which is not good for his development which can be seen by these 17 interceptions he’s got

44 minutes ago, brownie man said:

im not giving up on Baker but he NEEDS GOOD COACHING

Devil’s advocate here but Freddie could use good play out of his QB to be successful too. A little quid pro quo would be nice. You made the point about 17 INTs. That’s more of a Baker problem then Freddie one. 

ce2.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Devil’s advocate here but Freddie could use good play out of his QB to be successful too. A little quid pro quo would be nice. You made the point about 17 INTs. That’s more of a Baker problem then Freddie one. 

ce2.png

I still disagree 

it’s not specifically the plays it’s when and where they are called. 
Baker my guess has thrown most of his INTs in the red zone 

why do we keep throwing in the freaking red zone. We’ve lost all our games basically because of Redzone INTs 

but we continually throw aggressively in the red zone. Accept he’s not developed there yet and run the bell or at least call more friendly plays. 

think about all the end zone INTs they’ve totally killed our offense. Freddie needs to stay running in the red zone 

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

ce2.png

Baker Mayfield is the worst QB in the NFL in 2019.

FACT

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Baker Mayfield is the worst QB in the NFL in 2019.

FACT

Disagree.......Baker Mayfield may be having the worst year of the 32 starting NFL QB's.....

But he's not the worst QB in the NFL in 2019.....that's just Hot Takes and Fake New's......

You dont break rookie TD records with no proven #1 WR and suck. You can have a bad season....especially if its your Sophomore year.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Disagree.......Baker Mayfield may be having the worst year of the 32 starting NFL QB's.....

He's STATISTICALLY the worst

But he's not the worst QB in the NFL in 2019.....that's just Hot Takes and Fake New's......

If you want to argue semantics, then so be it.

You dont break rookie TD records with no proven #1 WR and suck. You can have a bad season....especially if its your Sophomore year.....

Let's all hope that's what it is. He's been nothing short of miserable this year, and that includes his awful mopey clownlike attitude.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

He's STATISTICALLY the worst

If you want to argue semantics, then so be it.

Let's all hope that's what it is. He's been nothing short of miserable this year, and that includes his awful mopey clownlike attitude.

1. Correct.....I agree with you that he has the worst stats of starting QB out of 32 (and I still need to verify this). But saying someone is having a bad statistical year is one thing, but saying a person IS the worst, because of 1 partial year of stats....is something COMPLETELY different. And that is not semantics, that's just simply reality.

I agree, lets hope that a Soph Slump is what the problem is. But lets all not ACT like that's NOT what it is, and he all of a sudden has turned into Jeff George, because he's having a bad 2nd year in the NFL, behind a suspect line and learning a new offense (3rd system in 4 years, counting college...) and learning new WR's (who have not been stable because of health, or suspension for the entire year). Which is how your post comes off....like you've made up your mind that these last few games is what Baker is, and ignoring everything he's done in his life to get to this point. Could be just me taking it that way.....

36 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

1. Correct.....I agree with you that he has the worst stats of starting QB out of 32 (and I still need to verify this). But saying someone is having a bad statistical year is one thing, but saying a person IS the worst, because of 1 partial year of stats....is something COMPLETELY different. And that is not semantics, that's just simply reality.

In 2019, I'd take literally 30 QB's over him. That's not an exaggeration.

I agree, lets hope that a Soph Slump is what the problem is.

Agreed

But lets all not ACT like that's NOT what it is, and he all of a sudden has turned into Jeff George, because he's having a bad 2nd year in the NFL, behind a suspect line and learning a new offense (3rd system in 4 years, counting college...) and learning new WR's (who have not been stable because of health, or suspension for the entire year).

A few things here:

1. Let's hope you're right on that, but at the same point, you know who else is learning a 3rd system in 3 years with new WR (Hollywood Brown and company)? Lamar Jackson, 2019 MVP

2. Yes, his OL sucks, yes there have been injuries/suspensions

3. You know what Baker DOES have? The coach HE WANTED, arguably the best RB in the entire NFL, and several other plus weapons in Landry, OBJ, and Hunt.

Which is how your post comes off....like you've made up your mind that these last few games is what Baker is, and ignoring everything he's done in his life to get to this point. Could be just me taking it that way.....

I'm done being patient. I want results now. It's been 25 years and his negative attitude and clear lack of a work ethic/awful offseason listening to how great he is/was while filming commercials means that I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm in the clear "SHOW ME RESULTS" camp. He's the #1 overall pick and it's time for him to put up or shut up. His cool draft story and 2018 attitude/leadership is yesterday's news. I'm out of patience with him. 

P.S.

I hope that he proves me wrong. Maybe he ought to hear more negativity because clearly that fuels him. I hope he gets nothing but hate all year and comes out fiery and with a chip on his shoulder, because that's when he's at his best.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

In 2019, I'd take literally 30 QB's over him. That's not an exaggeration.

Agreed

A few things here:

1. Let's hope you're right on that, but at the same point, you know who else is learning a 3rd system in 3 years with new WR (Hollywood Brown and company)? Lamar Jackson, 2019 MVP

2. Yes, his OL sucks, yes there have been injuries/suspensions

3. You know what Baker DOES have? The coach HE WANTED, arguably the best RB in the entire NFL, and several other plus weapons in Landry, OBJ, and Hunt.

I'm done being patient. I want results now. It's been 25 years and his negative attitude and clear lack of a work ethic/awful offseason listening to how great he is/was while filming commercials means that I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm in the clear "SHOW ME RESULTS" camp. He's the #1 overall pick and it's time for him to put up or shut up. His cool draft story and 2018 attitude/leadership is yesterday's news. I'm out of patience with him. 

P.S.

I hope that he proves me wrong. Maybe he out to hear more negativity because clearly that fuels him. I hope he gets nothing but hate all year and comes out fiery and with a chip on his shoulder, because that's when he's at his best.

I'd agree with you with, that I would take several QB's over Baker, if your talking about for the last 3 games of 2019. IF your talking about moving forward past 2019, I wouldnt take 30 of the Jabroni's out there now. Perfect Example is Tannyhill.....he's playing lights out for the Titans now.....I dont know if I would take him over Baker moving past these next 3 games.

1. I agree....but a couple caveats with Lamar......he's at least under the same coaching staff for the last 2 seasons. And 2, he's learning an offense that was Tailor Made for him, based off his College Offense at Louisville, that features his running and throwing to TE's.  And Lamar has a better Oline in front of him.

2. Mutual agreement

3. I agree with everything you said. He does have these things.....100%

I feel your Frustration my Good Brother.....we all want results now....trust me, we ALL do.

Hopefully he comes out like you said......whoever or whatever use to push his buttons.....needs to start pushing them again. I dont need him finding his Zen Place right now, if he plays better P!$$ed off.

Also a Funny aside.......I just saw a GIF of what it should like when Eric Kush, the RT (Hubbard), and the FS (Randle) come to get contract extensions...

BrokenGreatGalapagospenguin-max-1mb.gif

:D

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

why do we keep throwing in the freaking red zone. We’ve lost all our games basically because of Redzone INTs 

Do you have any idea how insane it sounds to blame red zone interceptions on the coach and not the quarterback? Maybe you were right about Kizer being a good QB, under that theory, under Hue.

Nobody is arguing that Freddie has been remotely good or has helped our quarterback. He’s been awful. But to watch Baker Mayfield throw an interception in the end zone and then start screaming at the head coach, I don’t know where to begin. If we can’t trust our quarterback to throw the ball in the red zone, we have a problem at that position.

19 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Do you have any idea how insane it sounds to blame red zone interceptions on the coach and not the quarterback? Maybe you were right about Kizer being a good QB, under that theory, under Hue.

Nobody is arguing that Freddie has been remotely good or has helped our quarterback. He’s been awful. But to watch Baker Mayfield throw an interception in the end zone and then start screaming at the head coach, I don’t know where to begin. If we can’t trust our quarterback to throw the ball in the red zone, we have a problem at that position.

He’s only in his second year. It’s not like this is Drew Brees. 

He’s still within his first two season in the league with a whole new cast. Why are we expecting our 2nd year QB who said himself he didn’t come in as prepared as he should have this season to be able to be effective enough to continually throw in the red zone. 

He’s still super young. 

and 2nd point why the hell if Baker is making mistakes in that position are we still putting him in that position. That is freaking the definition of insanity. We get in the red zone and he throws picks. Why the hell this late in the season are you expecting something different. That’s coaches fault. It’s right there in his face and he’s continually putting this team in a bad position. 

just run the effing ball. At least during the crucial red zone series. If your going to pass do the plays like how Jarvis had against Denver. Safe stuff like that. Why are you continuing to throw red zone end zone picks. He’s got like 8 of those this year alone. That’s freaking insane. Freddie deserves blame for his over aggressive play calling. 

You don’t have Patrick Mahomes Freddie you have Baker Mayfield. Call plays accordingly 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

He’s only in his second year. It’s not like this is Drew Brees. 

He’s still within his first two season in the league with a whole new cast. Why are we expecting our 2nd year QB who said himself he didn’t come in as prepared as he should have this season to be able to be effective enough to continually throw in the red zone. 

He’s still super young. 

and 2nd point why the hell if Baker is making mistakes in that position are we still putting him in that position. That is freaking the definition of insanity. We get in the red zone and he throws picks. Why the hell this late in the season are you expecting something different. That’s coaches fault. It’s right there in his face and he’s continually putting this team in a bad position. 

just run the effing ball. At least during the crucial red zone series. If your going to pass do the plays like how Jarvis had against Denver. Safe stuff like that. Why are you continuing to throw red zone end zone picks. He’s got like 8 of those this year alone. That’s freaking insane. Freddie deserves blame for his over aggressive play calling. 

You don’t have Patrick Mahomes Freddie you have Baker Mayfield. Call plays accordingly 

I mean, he had 20 TD’s and 0 picks last year in the red zone with the same guy calling plays.

If you think it’s all play design and play calling, man...

• Like 1

And there’s a reason teams pass inside the 20.... it’s hard as hell to run it.

Teams can stack the box as there’s no way to get beat “deep” as “deep” doesn’t exist on the 10.

I’m not saying you can’t run at all, but you need to be balanced inside the red zone just as you do any other spot on the field.