23 members have voted

1. 1. What happens at coaching?

• Freddie
    • Monken
    • Same Time
    • Neither

46 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Huh?

Mahomes didn't start his 1st year. Baker did. So, the way to equate their careers is to do a 1 to 1 comparison of their starts.

If we 1 to 1 their starts, Baker has started 27 games . Through 27 starts Baker has 6,880 yards passing

Through Patrick Mahomes' first 27 started games, he had 8,189 yards passing.

So, that means at the same point in their careers Patrick Mahomes threw for 1,309 more yards.

Not that yardage or whatever means anything at all; it's just saying Baker had more yards isn't accurate.

He was being sarcastic 

looking at Yards compared to actual time in the league because Pat sat out his whole rookie season 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

What about TD/INT ratio. Thats what actually matters. If passing yards mattered Winston would look like a HOFer.

Indeed, TD/INT ratio's more important than yardage as an indicator of QB success.

To me, big time throws, 3rd down, redzone, rating against the blitz, rating in a clean pocket, 4th quarter rating, and a ton of others are so much more important than Yards.

9 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Huh?

Mahomes didn't start his 1st year. Baker did. So, the way to equate their careers is to do a 1 to 1 comparison of their starts.

If we 1 to 1 their starts, Baker has started 27 games . Through 27 starts Baker has 6,880 yards passing

Through Patrick Mahomes' first 27 started games, he had 8,189 yards passing.

So, that means at the same point in their careers Patrick Mahomes threw for 1,309 more yards.

Not that yardage or whatever means anything at all; it's just saying Baker had more yards isn't accurate.

thank you have good day

So Mike Priefer said he'd like to be a Head Coach some day.

One of Freddie's biggest issues has been discipline - unnecessary penalties, guys not initially getting lined up correctly, plays not getting called on time, etc. The way Priefer turned around our special teams is unprecedented. Remember how awful it was with Chris freaking Tabor? There's something to be said about Priefer's ability to make ST the cleanest, most consistent unit on our football team. I'm not worried about a Head Coach who can call the best plays, I want a leader. Priefer - a military man with a great sense of humor and CEO-esque mindset - could very well be the next Harbaugh in terms of ST coordinators turned successful HC. Just need to hire the right coordinators for Baker and the D.

18 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

One of Freddie's biggest issues has been discipline - unnecessary penalties, guys not initially getting lined up correctly, plays not getting called on time, etc. The way Priefer turned around our special teams is unprecedented. Remember how awful it was with Chris freaking Tabor? There's something to be said about Priefer's ability to make ST the cleanest, most consistent unit on our football team. I'm not worried about a Head Coach who can call the best plays, I want a leader. Priefer - a military man with a great sense of humor and CEO-esque mindset - could very well be the next Harbaugh in terms of ST coordinators turned successful HC. Just need to hire the right coordinators for Baker and the D.

Not gonna lie, I never considered him but I’ve heard dumber ideas.

• Like 2

Not defending Kitchens, but Baker still isn't doing him many favors. Too tentative. Early on shouldn't have had Harris v Jones but maybe Robinson should've been helping as well and could've got a shot off to OBJ. Baker couldn't see that going on though.

Later on in 3rd though he runs right into last second safety blitz instead of sliding left to buy time where he could've hit a deep crosser. Then on the flood concept going to Landry instead of OBJ behind him. 

What can you do when the QB is making bad decisions? Tomlin is most popular COY candidate and Hodges/Rudolph both have made terrible decisions.

The difference unfortunately is Myles. He's the tone setter for the maybe the entire team. Defense plays soft without him. Vernon at least was physical as well. Jobi looked like the lone wolf out there. I laughed when Chad Thomas tried to go under a block from Christian Kirk. Then of course Wilson tries to go outside on the TE. 

Most important though is that it won't matter whose coaching if Baker makes bad throws/decisions/doesn't audible. Play great defense and basic offense take it out of Baker's control. But can't play good defense without the two starting ends. 

It is what it is. Hopefully Baker can grow some cajones again and put his fear of INT's and constantly getting hit behind him. 

23 minutes ago, matt27j said:

Not defending Kitchens, but Baker still isn't doing him many favors.

In this situation tho, it’s kitchens who has to be doing the favors for the QB. When your the HC and OC/playcaller, that’s on you. Kitchen did a crap job or trying to put his 2nd year QB in good positions. Last year it’s all Freddie did but this season, NOPE. Like let’s run 5step and 7step drop back out of gun and expect our two crap tackles to hold up. We have basically 2 all pro RBs but yet we don’t want to build the attack off of the running game and allow baker to kill with play action or play out of heavier sets like 11/12/21/22 personnel, where teams have to defend the run possibility because of the backs and potential blockers on the field. The adv stats show Arizona couldn’t defend the heavier packages. Feel like at times Baker was the one trying to bail out Freddie. Your also doing your QB no favors when opposing defensive players and DCs says it’s such an easily predictable offense to defend. Baker def gets to eat some of this crap pie but It’s Freddie’s recipe and he is the one who made it. It starts from him and it’s rolling down hill

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

You know it's funny that you mention him because I was talking to my dad after the 2nd Steelers game and he said that's who he wanted to be our head coach next year. He was 100% against Freddie as coach from the beginning, btw. Unlike me, he never had any of the kool-aid.