BDL 2019 Week 6 - Rome Eternals @ Oklahoma City EF5's

SirA1

Rome Eternals @ Oklahoma City EF5's  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Rome Eternals
    • Oklahoma City EF5's

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2019 at 04:01 AM

BDL 2019 Week 6

Match:  Rome Eternals @ Oklahoma City EF5's

Away Owner: @bcb1213

Home Owner: @Whicker

Vote for who you think will win this game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Rome Eternals

O

QB Teddy Bridgewater

RB Phillip Lindsey 

WR Amari Cooper

Slot WR Juju Smith Schuster 

Slot WR Julian Edelman

WR Marquise Goodwin 

LT Greg Robinson 

LG Richie Incognito 

C Brandon Linder 

RG Ted Karras

RT Ryan Ramczyk

TE OJ Howard 

TE Cameron Brate

WR Travis Benjamin 

WR Hunter Renfrow 

OL Braden Smith 

RB Chris Thompson

RB Marlon Mack

TE Tyler Eifert

D

DE. Dante Fowler Jr

UT Gerald McCoy 

NT Michael Brockers 

DE Marcus Davenport

Predator Matt Milano 

LB Leighton Vander Esch

CB Marlon Humphrey 

CB Prince Amukamara 

CB William Jackson 

CB Nickel Robley Coleman 

S Jarrod Wilson 

Edge Takk McKinley   

Edge Ziggy Ansah 

INT Matt Ionnidis

Int Dalvin Tomlinson 

LB Jordan Hicks 

LB Neville Hewitt 

CB Janoris Jenkins

S Tre Boston 

Oklahoma City EF5's

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Joe Mixon
Outside WR: Allen Robinson
Outside WR: Michael Gallup
Slot WR: Adam Thielen
Slot WR: Robert Woods
LT: David Bakhtiari
LG: Quinton Spain
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Brandon Brooks
RT: Brian O'Neill

RB: Melvin Gordon III
RB: J.D. McKissic
RB: Frank Gore
WR: Emmanuel Sanders
WR: D.J. Moore
TE: Mark Andrews
TE: Trey Burton
OL: Morgan Moses

LEO: Von Miller
DT: Cameron Heyward
NT: Steve McLendon
DE: Stephon Tuitt
WLB: Devon Kennard
MLB: Cory Littleton
SLB: Dont'a Hightower
LB/S: Adrian Amos
CB: Tre'Davious White
CB: Marcus Peters
FS: Jordan Poyer

LEO: Ryan Kerrigan
DE: Matt Judon
DL: Lawrence Guy
DL: Margus Hunt
LB: Quincy Williams
CB: Joe Haden
CB: Pierre Desir
CB: Michael Davis

Edited by SirA1

Rome Eternals

Offense 

Motivation 

We are in the toughest division in BDL.  No time for a down week against a high octane o 

Offense 

Air Raid 

This week we come out against an OKC team that has a couple big name corners but only one actually playing well in Peters. We go four wide and trips formation.  This makes OKC tell us what kind of d they are playing. If they assign Peters to one WR, that WR will always be the solo on one side of the field. If man we are going to attack Haden and Pierre Desir relentlessly with underneath and vertical routes to expose their lack of speed.  In man whoever these two are on are gonna get about 10 targets each. Though generally OKC doesn't do assignments which means our teo slots in Juju and Edelman are gonna be getting those targets. Lindsey will chip Von on his way out of the backfield Against man Goodwin is running streaks and posts to take out a deep safety which gives Juju, and Edelman an open side of the field for outs, jns curls and slants.  If Peters is assigned Juju, just substitute Amari there 

We are instituting a bit of RPO this week if we see zone defense.  The fake handoff should allow for a quick hitting screen to Goodwin outside with excellent blockers in Edelman and Juju against a light side.  This should give us big chunk plays using Goodwin world class speed. Once the start to sneak up we are gonna hit a fake screen wheel route to Juju up the the sidelines. The rpo wr screen is extremely effective against a cover three as the CB first reaction is go back to cover deep while the LB whose supposed to go to the flat has to respect the run or we'll just hand it off for a solid gain 

We'll also run a lot of floods and seam routes out of trips against the zone 

Toting the Rock

Not gonna be a lot of running this week unless they come out with majority zone in which case the rpo will become a thing.   

When we do run our of the four wide it's gonna be to the right edge behind ramcyk.  Lindsey and Thompson split snaps 65-25 with mack getting 10 percent out of this formation 

We will occasionally dabble a three tight end Marlon Mack formation with Braden Smith in the backfield.  This will happen at the end of the first and third quarters to both give our wr a breather and tire out their starting line further 

Tempo 

Up tempo go go go.   We like our depth on both sides of the ball more than OKC and we plan to utilize it 

TL/DR:  .  

Attack corners 3+4 in man.  Rpo quick hitting screens and slants with fake screen wheels against zone.  Chip Von, trust the line elsewhere 

Defense

This week we welcome in the Air Raid offense of OKC.  

We feel we have the deepest group of corners in BDL and they are gonna be tested this week.  We are going to play majority press man cover one d. Recently OKC has favored the underneath routes so this should help throw their timing off.   Assignments are Amukamra on Theilan (covered him Irl three weeks ago and held to two catches), Humphrey gets woods, Jackson gets A Rob and Nickel gets whoever the fourth is.  In five wide we will switch over to zones 

OKC like most teams, doesn't respect our d line even though Fowler and Davenport have both been really good this season. Regardless we plan on using that to our advantage. We have brockers line up between a guard and center and have Mccoy lineup up over Brooks .   This should cause the center to help on brockers or allow quick inside pressure against an over matched Spain. We have Milano playing our predator role today and he will be blitzing right up that opening into Staffords face. We don't think they'll keep Mixon in so this strategy should work wonders with press coverage.  If they keep Mixon in consistently that just allows LVE to play underneath robber or blitz on his choosing as he hadld Mixon duty. Okc main running is through draws so this blitz up the middle should snuff that out also. Occasionally Milano will fake the blitz and drop into coverage. We plan on running man about 60 percent of the time, base cover two zone 25 percent and a mix of zone blitz and cover three  15 percent 

If man is getting beat we are gonna drop into cover two zone more often out of nickel base with Humphrey moving back to safety.  The cover two zone requires athletic intelligent linebackers which we have two of 

Tl/dr.
Pressure Stafford, trust the corners, mix it up 

Oklahoma City 

After a misstep last week against a strong opponent, we are once again faced with another tough challenge. Rome may have lost their quarterback for a few weeks, but they still remain tied for the top seed in the league. We are lucky to be on our home turf as we settle in for yet another game to determine the current king of the hill.

Offense:

We made a clear coaching error last game in Cuba when we mis-utilized our strengths. We will not make the same mistake this week as we plan on spreading the field and coming out throwing. We will be aggressive with our passing by attacking the safeties and lesser corners on Rome's squad.

Adam Thielen and Robert Woods will operate primarily from the slot positions and Allen Robinson and Michael Gallup will line up primarily as the outside receivers. Rome has a deep CB group, but we believe that, outside of Marlon Humphrey, we have the advantage in each of our matchups here regardless of the coverage scheme from Rome. We want to attack all levels of the field, especially utilizing the deep ball to pressure Rome's safeties and give our receivers the chance to make plays.

We will use a good number of empty sets (5 WR and 4 WR 1 TE) to continue to find our best matchups. In these sets, we will use some WR/TE screens and jet sweeps as our de facto run game. Alongside these, we will lean towards quicker passing as our way of mitigating pressure, move the chains, and set up our deep ball. We want to get all of our pass catchers involved in these sets and giving them a chance to utilize their strengths, particularly the RAC ability of Mark Andrews and D.J. Moore.

As we've done most games this year, our running game will be utilized to keep the defense honest and will feature several draws to play off our pass happy nature. We also want to call some outside pitches using our guards as a pulling lead blocker.

Our running backs will be used as an additional blocker or as an outlet receiver depending on playcall and Matthew Stafford's read at the line. Joe Mixon will receive the most snaps, but Melvin Gordon will rotate in. We will have a couple gadget plays for J.D. McKissic to get him out in to space.

Defense:

Our defense this week will focus on stopping the run and controlling the line of scrimmage. We want to make Rome into a one dimensional passing offense and force Teddy Bridgewater to carry his team in a shootout. Eventually, our control of the line of scrimmage will take over this game as it forces Bridgewater and the Rome offense into mistakes.

We will mainly play a Cover-1 man coverage defense this week with mixups to Cover-2 zone. In man, Tre'Davious White will cover Amari Cooper. Marcus Peters will cover JuJu Smith-Schuster. Jordan Poyer will play a center-fielding role.

We will send 5 players often in order to control the line of scrimmage and pressure an offensive line that could still be without its LT. Any of our starting linebackers as well as Adrian Amos could be sent as extra pressure. In general, we trust Cory Littleton and Amos most in coverage against OJ Howard and the backs, but we will rotate man coverage assignments accordingly with our blitzing. We will also mix in Cover-1 Robber calls with any of our second level players capable of being robber.

We want to mix in Cover-2 zone calls to counter man-beater routes and keep the shallow area of the field covered as much as possible. In these calls we will only send four. Amos will still line up in the box and bail into a deep zone.

Our front 4 will feature a 4-3 under look except with Von Miller in a 2-point stance to best utilize his bend around the edge. Cameron Heyward will play 1-gap as a penetrating 3-tech. Steve McLendon will play the nose over center. Stephon Tuitt will play as a 2-gap DE.

In Nickel packages we will take Devon Kennard off the field for Joe Haden who will cover Julian Edelman. We will also take Steve McLendon off the field, shift Tuitt over to DT, and bring Matt Judon in to play LE as a more pass rush friendly package. In Dime, Pierre Desir will come on for Dont'a Hightower. We will keep Amos in the box and continue with our goals of stopping the run and pressuring the Rome offensive line.

Edited by SirA1

Taking OKCs weapons over Romes. JuJu has been largely ineffective this season. I dont trust Teddy yet as a starter. The Oline for Rome leaves a lot to be desired. I am not a fan of Glen Robinson at LT, he is going to get eaten alive.

Those factors along with the the fact both teams have formidable defenses, OKC gets my vote here.

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Taking OKCs weapons over Romes. JuJu has been largely ineffective this season. I dont trust Teddy yet as a starter. The Oline for Rome leaves a lot to be desired. I am not a fan of Glen Robinson at LT, he is going to get eaten alive.

Those factors along with the the fact both teams have formidable defenses, OKC gets my vote here.

Juju ineffective vs their weapons.  Interesting 

Juju.  25 for 340.two td 

Woods 31 for 355.0 td 

Theilan 26 for 366. 5 td 

Arob 377 with two td (to be fair they were on bye this week) 

Gallup 24 for 387 with one td 

So outside Allen Robinson. I guess we could say his whole wr corps has been closely ineffective WITH their starting qb and not third string scrub throwing 

PS 

Cooper 33 for 515 with 5 td 

Edelman 38 for 449 with two td 

Greg Robinson is getting help from a chipping RB every  passing play 

I said JuJu has been largely ineffective through the season. You so realize he has 7 yards yesterday right?

Nothing you posted helped suggest their offense has been ineffective.

But I said this last week and I'm going to say it again here. Ir doesn't matter what I say or how I vote, someone always complains. Idc 

Also I am very aware of how JuJu has played this season because I've seen every game he has played, more importantly I'm not high on trusting Bridgewater.

Edited by wwhickok

54 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I said JuJu has been largely ineffective through the season. You so realize he has 7 yards yesterday right?

Nothing you posted helped suggest their offense has been ineffective.

But I said this last week and I'm going to say it again here. Ir doesn't matter what I say or how I vote, someone always complains. Idc 

Also I am very aware of how JuJu has played this season because I've seen every game he has played, more importantly I'm not high on trusting Bridgewater.

You do realize who was throwing yesterday right and that no wr caught more 14 yards right or it was check down city cause the chargers offense sucked right or that Robert woods didn't catch a single pass yesterday right 

How is Juju ineffective when he's put up basically the same exact numbers as three of their wr who you say aren't who have Jared Goff and Dak Prescott throwing the ball and you're proof is the game a scrub qb was in. What? 

You don't trust Teddy or don't think Robinson will be able to block with a chip help, that's your call but don't throw ineffective vs effective out without backlash when the numbers are that close 

Edited by bcb1213

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

You do realize who was throwing yesterday right and that no wr caught more 14 yards right or it was check down city cause the chargers offense sucked right or that Robert woods didn't catch a single pass yesterday right 

How is Juju ineffective when he's put up basically the same exact numbers as three of their wr who you say aren't who have Jared Goff and Dak Prescott throwing the ball and you're proof is the game a scrub qb was in. What? 

You don't trust Teddy or don't think Robinson will be able to block with a chip help, that's your call but don't throw ineffective vs effective out without backlash when the numbers are that close 

It doesnt matter what QB was throwing it. JuJu's opportunities with Ben, Rudolph, and Hodges have been extremely limited.

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I also didnt say you're entire WR corps was ineffective this season. I was talking about one of your starters, one guy. 

The real difference in this game for me is QB and OL. Imo that defense will obliterate your OL, especially Robinson

That's fine if that's your opinion but again Juju put up the same numbers as their wr so if he's struggling, they are too. I think that's the disconnect you're missing 

As far as o line, Robinson is 22 OT at pff plus he's getting help every passing play and all the others are top 13 at their respective position and von Miller has been a shell of his former self pass rushing so far this year 

Edit.  Btw this is not me trashing their wr just the ridiculousness of the comments above 

Edited by bcb1213

It's cool watching both teams plan to attack and defend each other almost exactly the same way. I think OKC is built more for the Air Raid game and maybe a slightly more balanced game plan from Rome can take some pressure off Teddy (who I like more than most I think) from having to face a pass rush like that all game knowing he's going to be slinging it all game. Stafford lives to just stand back there, throw all day and take shots. 

OKC in what I think will be one of the closer games this week.

Just FYI BCB Lindsay is currently rated as the least effective pass blocking back in the NFL. 1. Mack 2. Thompson 3. Lindsay respectively. Sticking him in an air raid situation where he struggles to block assist a LT that is also struggling against pass rushes especially on Teddy's blindside could make this a very difficult game as Teddy will get gun shy eventually 

1 hour ago, PR said:

Just FYI BCB Lindsay is currently rated as the least effective pass blocking back in the NFL. 1. Mack 2. Thompson 3. Lindsay respectively. Sticking him in an air raid situation where he struggles to block assist a LT that is also struggling against pass rushes especially on Teddy's blindside could make this a very difficult game as Teddy will get gun shy eventually 

He's just chipping.  I'm not asking to full on block.  He's 5'8.  Leaving him into block  completely would be worthless.  Should be all the time we need against a struggling CB group